Best Kept Secret Festival 2020

mellowmaniac

Based on previous announcements we are getting closer to the first official announcement for the 2020 edition. No bands are confirmed yet, but there are the usual speculations.

Most probable headliner right now seem to be Lana Del Rey and Nick Cave. Both do have sold out Amsterdam shows prior to the festival and are around at the time of the next BKS.

Nick Cave: 11.06. Rome, 12.06. no show yet, 13.06. no show yet, 14.06. Paris

Lana Del Ray: 07.06. We Love Green, Paris, 09.06. Verona, Italy - no confirmed dates afterwards

While Nick Cave fits music-wise pretty well, Lana Del Ray is (or was) booked by Friendly Fire who do BKS.

Another possible headliner could be the Pixies. They are also booked by Friendly Fire, have headlined BKS before and seem to play festivals next year (08.-11-07. Mad Cool, Madrid) with a new record out.

Possible co-headliners could be Caribou, returning and booked by Friendly Fire, who seem to be playing a lot next year and Robyn (05.06. at Northside, Denmark). 

Not many festivals have confirmed bands so far, but other bands being around on festivals within two weeks before and after BKS are: Franc Moody, Mew, Weezer, Motorpsycho, Rhys Lewis, Twin Atlantic, The 1975, The Hives, Giant Rooks, Aurora, Sofi Tukker, Wolf Alice, Zara Larsson, Post Malone.

Bands from Friendly Fires rooster, which might suit could be: Black Pumas, Blanco White, Charlie Cunningham, Dermot Kennedy, Fontaines DC, Freya Ridings, Genghar, Gerry Cinnamon, Hatari, Marika Hackman, Orville Peck, Rachel Sermanni, Ride, Scalping, Snapped Ankles, The Slow Readers Club and The Teskey Brothers.

Edited by mellowmaniac
  • Upvote 5

On the 7th and 8th of November there is the FifityFiftyLab 2019 festival in Brussels. The ides of the new showcase-festival is that 20 festivals together curate the program of FiftyFiftyLab, to present newcomers they like.

Best Kept Secret curate the show of Bristol based Scalping, making them look like a sure shot for next year's BKS.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

Creating the perfect reason for my first overseas festival :)

Tell me anything about it please!

Best Kept Secret is a gem of a festival, but very laid back though. Very much centered around quality music and quality food. Don't expect massive late night parties and out of control crowds. For me, closing in on 40, it's the perfect festival to enjoy a weekend away from the hectic everyday life.

Feel free to ask if you want to know more.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Best Kept Secret is a gem of a festival, but very laid back though. Very much centered around quality music and quality food. Don't expect massive late night parties and out of control crowds. For me, closing in on 40, it's the perfect festival to enjoy a weekend away from the hectic everyday life.

Feel free to ask if you want to know more.

Cheers - sounds spot on. Last decade has been End of The Road, Latitude and a bit of Green Man so clearly not after 'paaaarty' festivals! I'll do a bit research and come back if I'm missing anything - I take it the Dutch crowds are good fun & friendly though?

I think it was the last day... The last song played in the Casbah was gold by spandau ballet. After the song they killed the music and turned off the lights, but that didn't stop the fairly drunken crowd. We kept singing the chorus for at least five more minutes. Easily one of my favourite festival moments ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

Cheers - sounds spot on. Last decade has been End of The Road, Latitude and a bit of Green Man so clearly not after 'paaaarty' festivals! I'll do a bit research and come back if I'm missing anything - I take it the Dutch crowds are good fun & friendly though?

Crowds are super friendly is my experience... And indeed, as @alan_ts said nightly program is quite alright actually on the first two nights, without the overly drunk crowds you get at other fests. Good fun altogether.