OMG OMG OMG

Glasto Ballot Winner

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sat beside billy Bragg on the grass behind a tent in the green peace field after he had played a few impromptu songs this year and discussed Scottish politics. He doesn’t like nationalists and detests selfies 

Had a chat and a selfie with Billy AT Bearded Theory as few years ago and he was fine. Then I walked away and couldn't see the picture and asked him for another, he wasn't too happy then!!

3 minutes ago, stutheblue said:

Had a chat and a selfie with Billy AT Bearded Theory as few years ago and he was fine. Then I walked away and couldn't see the picture and asked him for another, he wasn't too happy then!!

Reckon when I saw him there was a lot of folk about and he wasn’t too keen on having everyone asking for one. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

The only exception was Don Letts, and that's just because I walked straight into him and just stopped before I bowled straight through him. Lovely man.

Got stuck in traffic leaving Glasto 2011 with Don in the car next to us for about half an hour. A friend with eclectic music taste in my passenger seat recognised him & they had a good chat, nice bloke.

Other than that I leave the celebs alone. Pixie Geldoff said hello once in the crowd for Rolling Stones, she recognised me from a flight back from L.A. She was with Nick Grimshaw.

A friend told the lead singer of Yak to cheer up whilst she was walking around Dance Village with her boyfriend who is/was in the band. He gave her a can of Strongbow & she accepted. We just happened to have watched them in a very muddy JP tent the day before.

4 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Had a chat with Tony Gardner from My Parents Are Aliens, Fresh Meat & Bluestone 42.

We were both using Arabella’s Bridge as a meeting point so I don’t think he minded whilst he waited for his family.

Enjoyed a good chat with him myself as he was camped a few yards down from us in Big Ground! However, he did have a gazebo...

2 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

4 of our group of 10 were successful this year - but 2 found out yesterday that they too had won ballot tickets!! Feeling like our luck may be in this year, so rolling on to April with 4 more tickets to go...

2 found out yesterday ? the emails went out monday I believe ... they must have been extra lucky then and benefited from rejected ballot winners 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

2 found out yesterday ? the emails went out monday I believe ... they must have been extra lucky then and benefited from rejected ballot winners 

They actually found it in their junk folders yesterday, with the deadline for payment being next Monday... just imagine if they hadn't!!

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sat beside billy Bragg on the grass behind a tent in the green peace field after he had played a few impromptu songs this year and discussed Scottish politics. He doesn’t like nationalists and detests selfies 

Not at Glastonbury but have also had the pleasure of a blether with Bragg at a festival. Pretty sure he wrote a book around nationalism and not keen as you say.

He was / is however cool on Scotland electing it`s own government and going it`s own way. He has an interesting, positive take on Scottish Independence. Link attached in case you`re unaware / interested  :)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/16/scottish-nationalism-british-westminster-class

We did "meet" Jake Bugg briefly in 2013. Waved out a car window and said hello to my weans. They were quite chuffed. We were coming out the Kidz field and I think.......he was being transported straight from playing the Pyramid to do a set in Acoustic.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

We had a good laugh with Andrew Marr a few years ago (2009?), by coincidence my friend was wearing an Obama mask so we cajoled Marr into doing this semi-serious interview with him. 

51CD7F0F-B3E6-4EF8-ACB6-4F1D978D3536.jpeg

Cut scene from the remake of Point Break

On 11/4/2019 at 10:36 PM, Glasto Ballot Winner said:

OMG!!!

I've only gone and won the Glastonbury ballot!! This is my first time trying for tickets and I nearly cried when I didn't get them last month. I am just so, so happy and I have decided to finally pluck up the courage and join this site. I see you are all lovely people and I hope to see some of you down on the farm.

Sorry if this comes across as gloating but I just cannot keep this in. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Well, have you calmed down yet? Or do you have moments where you involuntarily start to laugh and scream  in amazement at what happened!! 

On 11/9/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well, have you calmed down yet? Or do you have moments where you involuntarily start to laugh and scream  in amazement at what happened!! 

I've still not calmed down. I don't think I'll ever get over this. I am so giddy!

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, I will try to be more active on here. Love you all lots! xxx

I've seen a few people that looked like people at Glastonbury but I've never bothered to find out if it was really them. 

Theres a band that's somewhat known here in Canada called Wintersleep... I'm a huge fan and have seen them about 6 times through my life. I was at a gig of theirs about a year ago and as I'm leaving I almost walked into the guitar player. Told him great gig, and then, as I was on my way to smoke a joint, asked if he wanted to join. Didnt expect him to say yes, but he did. It surprised me how nervous I was but hopefully I kept it together ?. We actually had to move because people were coming out of the show and everyone was coming up to him. Really annoying. ??

A few puffs of the joint and my nerves were much worse and I was having a hard time chatting. Hopefully he didnt think I was too crazy as I was really trying my best to treat him like a normal human, but I'm pretty awkward at the best of times ?

On 11/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, kalifire said:

Personally, I've no interest in talking with any celebrities I admire. If I think fondly of them, it's because of their artistry. Talking with them will only disappoint me.

I met Dave Gilmour at another event, he did allow me to take a few photos of him - as I was the event photographer- but he made me feel very uncomfortable. As it’s supposed to be Roger Waters who’s the difficult one in Pink Floyd I’d hate to meet him! 

Dave’s wife Polly Samson (the author) on the other hand was very kind and friendly.

I was sat behind comedy legend Chris Morris years ago at a gig in the Apollo. I was quite distracted weighing up the pros and cons of saying hello. I concluded that whatever brief appreciation I’d script in my head beforehand would degenerate into simpering, fawning sycophancy the moment I’d open my mouth. He’d be uncomfortable and I’d be mortified. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I was sat behind comedy legend Chris Morris years ago at a gig in the Apollo. I was quite distracted weighing up the pros and cons of saying hello. I concluded that whatever brief appreciation I’d script in my head beforehand would degenerate into simpering, fawning sycophancy the moment I’d open my mouth. He’d be uncomfortable and I’d be mortified. 

So how did it go? :P