Congratulations @Glasto Ballot Winner!

Hope you enjoy the following things;

- Taylor Swift

- Motherfuckin Manic Organic breakfast

- Enjoying the sun

- Not giving a shit about the rain

- Tired legs

- The unique freedom of pooping with the blue sky above

- Seeing Brian from My Parents Are Aliens/ Dan Miller from The Thick Of It nodding approvingly to soft rock

- Making extremely detailed plans for months and then bailing on them because something exciting caught your attention

- Smol candle powered tin boats

- Restored faith the the British public are, in the whole, alright actually

- Wondering what a Lebanese mezze entails then 20 minutes later deciding Lebanese mezze is your favourite fucking thing ever

- Being avoided throughout July by all of your friends who didn't go because you won't shut the fuck up about it

- Peering into Landrovers to see if it's somebody famous in there but it never is, just big blokes in hi viz

- Being reduced to tears by a plate of jollof rice and spinach curry because it's so fucking good

- Not knowing where the fuck you are but you're ok with it

IMG_0460.jpg

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Well, that's really thrown a spanner in the works. That's not a red Landy. I thought the red ones were the likely ones. No wonder I've never seen him!

I clocked the red landy and got a quick chat with him. Keep looking. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Glasto Ballot Winner said:

OMG!!!

I've only gone and won the Glastonbury ballot!! This is my first time trying for tickets and I nearly cried when I didn't get them last month. I am just so, so happy and I have decided to finally pluck up the courage and join this site. I see you are all lovely people and I hope to see some of you down on the farm.

Sorry if this comes across as gloating but I just cannot keep this in. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Well done. Very pleased for you. 

Out of interest do you pay a deposit with right to cancel like an 'ordinary' (yeah, I know Glasto tix are far from ordinary) or do you have to pay up full now? 

Worth knowing if a ballot is rolled out widely. 

2 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Well done. Very pleased for you. 

Out of interest do you pay a deposit with right to cancel like an 'ordinary' (yeah, I know Glasto tix are far from ordinary) or do you have to pay up full now? 

Worth knowing if a ballot is rolled out widely. 

I’m sure the Ts & Cs said you just paid the deposit

23 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

- Seeing Brian from My Parents Are Aliens/ Dan Miller from The Thick Of It nodding approvingly to soft rock

He's also the lecturer in Fresh Meat?

West Holts 2017.

Literally the only celebrity I've seen at 12 Glastonburys other than those on the line up.

40 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

I watched Tame Impala, Alt-J and Foals whilst stood behind Harry Enfield in 2013 

Only ever seen two in 6 years. Stood behind Shaun Keaveny for Radiohead, and Noel Gallagher (with the two biggest bodyguards) walked past me while watching Two Door

I stood behind Zoe Ball (whilst she was still Mrs. Fatboy Slim) watching Stornoway in 2013. Also bumped into Bobbie Gillespie walking along the old railway line late after the Saturday night the same year.

Stood a couple of feet away from two of the Made In Chelsea lot during Coldplay in 2016.

That's all I got.

Saw Alex from Arctic Monkeys and Alexa Chung having a massive barney in 2010.

Saw Dynamo outside the leftfield in 2014 (or 2015). As we clocked him, he disappeared into the crowd.....

Saw Emma Watson holding hands with some guy, presumably before she was self partnered. 2011 I think, may have been 2014.

I was whacked in the chest by Norman Cook this year on the Friday. I was making my way to see Idles,.  He was pointing to something and he was apologetic.

That is my lot in 8 festivals

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Despite having all but given up on going to Glastonbury ever again, I have been attended it for over 20 occasions over the years. In all that time, apart from the acts, I've never knowingly seen a 'famous' person amongst the crowd. Not even a Z Lister.  Surely I'm due some sort of award for this, if only it being the Most Mundane Comment of the Day Award? Give me something, give me something, I'm not getting my share this end!

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Despite having all but given up on going to Glastonbury ever again, I have been attended it for over 20 occasions over the years. In all that time, apart from the acts, I've never knowingly seen a 'famous' person amongst the crowd. Not even a Z Lister.  Surely I'm due some sort of award for this, if only it being the Most Mundane Comment of the Day Award? Give me something, give me something, I'm not getting my share this end!

me neither in 14 .... the closest I get is the figures on my hat ..... oh and the small matter of seeing Michael once ... that more than makes up for anyone else :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

me neither in 14 .... the closest I get is the figures on my hat ..... oh and the small matter of seeing Michael once ... that more than makes up for anyone else :) 

Oh, i did see Michael and his then wife Jean one fine sunny day at the festival. I guess that's kind of like seeing the physical embodiment of God, so counts for a lot more. :)