Family camping....

Ashperry83

Quick question, 

been to the festival lots in the past, but never with children....... we live about 6 miles away so one plan is to just drive in and out each day. The other plan would be to camp in the family camping area. Our children will be 8, 6 and 15 months old. I would hope to set the tent up on the Wednesday after work (evening) and head home. then we would all head up on the Thursday afternoon to stay. Would this be possible? Leaving the tent empty for 24 hours?

7 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

No reason for this to be a problem. Wicket Ground is surrounded by fencing with stewards manning the entrance at all times so feels more secure than general camping. Composting toilets regularly cleaned and don't smell.

Fantastic to hear. Defiantly gives us options for next summer as to either stay or drive in and out each day. Thanks for the advice ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, tomfestival_11 said:

Is Wicket ground a long walk to the Kidzfield, greenfields and pyramid. I have seen it on the map but i can not recall ever going there?

Wicket is a short walk to the Pyramid, medium walk to Kidzfield and a long walk to the Greenfields. I camped there before it became family camping and it was a nice quiet camp. You are not far from Lulus Cafe which is a decent sit-down breakfast/brunch spot.

• Like 1