PJ Harvey

AngryLama

1 minute ago, AngryLama said:

She is giving her first interview in four years today’s on radio 6.

Shes fantastic and has a new album out. Has music with Thom Yorke and Nick Cave (amongst others).

Other headliner? I’m not exactly sure on her placement, but she has no public touring schedule atm. 

She subbed the Other last time, so don't think she'll headline it. Think she could headline the JP or Park, or maybe around 5th on the Pyramid Stage.

6 hours ago, AngryLama said:

She is giving her first interview in four years today’s on radio 6.

Shes fantastic and has a new album out. Has music with Thom Yorke and Nick Cave (amongst others).

Other headliner? I’m not exactly sure on her placement, but she has no public touring schedule atm. 

No way she could headline Other. Was absolutely dead there when I watched her subbing it last time.

Bit of a rant but.... years ago I saw her, she was headlining the final night of a festival, the first one I've been to. I had never heard of her before; I wasn't really that into music. But I went because I had a weird dream, and I needed a break because it had been such a rough year; parents separating, having to move out and nearly becoming homeless etc.

I thought she put on an incredible show, but I didn't know any of the songs and I was feeling really unwell (I think I was on my first ever comedown haha). I kept thinking "I'd love to see her again when in a better state".

A few weeks after that I met an amazing girl and I talked to her about the festival. She really likes Polly and she got me into a load of other music, she's a key figure in the development of my music taste; I discovered some of my favourite bands because of her. I don't see her much anymore but I consider her a good friend still, and I know I would have been a very different person now if I hadn't met her. We also said that someday we should try doing Glastonbury together, and that hopefully we can go in 2020 as it could be really special,  with it being the 50th anniversary.

It feels like a lifetime ago that all this happened. But if Polly does play Glasto next year and I finally get to watch her with this girl; it would be quite a special experience for me, like coming full circle on what has been a really weird phase of my life

Just don't clash with Nick Cave ?