Girl Band

H.M.V

Hey all. Going to see these guys tonight. Really excited cos they are amazing. 

We have a spare ticket last minute for the gig at the academy if anyone is interested? Physical ticket and free. Would hate to see it wasted. Also sold out. Can meet at the venue if any takers. 

Edited to add - Manchester academy

Edited by H.M.V
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Would have loved to but too far at this notice. Got my copy of the latest album through the post today. The customs declaration on the back is from the front man Dara and gives his address. Posting their own CDs out.

Yeah they're great. Sorry bit late notice ourselves. Pal was supposed to come but had to bail due to issues. Such a shame cos he was really looking forward to it. 

Hoping they're on the farm next year as well. Park or JP would do nicely. 

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

What was Le Guess Who? like? Looked amazing this year. 

I saw Bjork did a surprise DJ set as well! 

It's really, really good. I've done a lot of festivals but this one is very special. Not over yet too! Today is the fourth and final day. 

Edit: oh and it's also worth saying that Utrecht is one of the nicest cities I've ever been to.

Edited by Guy Incognito

13 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Also I'm very sorry to gloat @lessthanwill1, but I just met Björk. 

What the actual fuck!?! How?? And what did you say? What was she like?

(p.s. sorry to hijack the Girl Band thread - for what it’s worth, I really like them! Shoulderblades is awesome) 

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

What the actual fuck!?! How?? And what did you say? What was she like?

(p.s. sorry to hijack the Girl Band thread - for what it’s worth, I really like them! Shoulderblades is awesome) 

She was stood right in front of me, waiting for some doors to open a few mins before a set started at Le Guess Who? She turned around and saw me, smiled and said hi. I said hello and smiled back and that was it. 

Perhaps to say I "met" her is a bit much but she was very polite and smiley. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

She was stood right in front of me, waiting for some doors to open a few mins before a set started at Le Guess Who? She turned around and saw me, smiled and said hi. I said hello and smiled back and that was it. 

Ah, this is so cool

12 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

And I thought I was doing well when Louisa Roach said Hi to me at a She Drew the Gun gig a couple of weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...