Anyone thinking Prodigy might headline or sub

technokiduk

If they decide to comeback to the live stage, Glastonbury won't be the first or only show. If they did, it would be part of a small and gradual bunch of shows. I don't think that not being able to fulfil this year's booking has any effect on a slot at next year's festival but it'd be great to see them back on the farm. They have a small affinity with Glastonbury, being the first electronic act to headline (I think) but their priority would always be to their fanbase first. 

They won't sub cos it'd be partly in daylight. It's probably Other headliner or nothing. 

I think not, or at least not yet anyway.

Getting together to do music in the studio is different to taking it on the road, and I don’t see how they can adapt the live set so massively and so quickly. Their last album being just under one year old and working on a new one without having been able to tour this one sort of suggests a pivot to studio-only for now anyway. But we’ll see if they crop up on any lineups.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think not, or at least not yet anyway.

Getting together to do music in the studio is different to taking it on the road, and I don’t see how they can adapt the live set so massively and so quickly. Their last album being just under one year old and working on a new one without having been able to tour this one sort of suggests a pivot to studio-only for now anyway. But we’ll see if they crop up on any lineups.

Ah I thought it was settled that they were going to do something next year. Yes it'll obviously depend on that. But if they do I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them atop t'Other.

I think we can expect to see them back on the farm. But I don’t think it will be next year. Jeez I’d have a massive lump in my throat. Saw them in Perth just a couple of weeks before Keith passed. One of their last shows. Feel privileged to have been there. Shaped part of my mid spent youth. 

The Prodigy are such a great band they toured twice, first at the bigger venues then again later on at smaller ones where I saw them at Plymouth Pavillions while at uni. They will be back, they will be at Glastonbury, I just think it’s a bit too soon since Keith & the last time they played.

Unfortunately if they were to headline Other (dark) against another headliner, I would be elsewhere ?‍♀️