After the headliners

okerich

So the headline acts have finished and we are looking for something to carry the night on for a bit ! Rather than the real dance areas , are there any recommendations for a couple of beers and maybe a bit of old skool dancing 80/90s spots that anyone might have stumbled upon !! 

Oooh there certainly is!

thursday night you can’t beat Guilty Pleasures at Williams Green.

Loads of cool stuff around Stonebridge each night. 

the theatre field bar is ace. Til about 3am but always indie / old skool stuff. We tend to go there then head to se corner when crowds have eased. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

Oooh there certainly is!

thursday night you can’t beat Guilty Pleasures at Williams Green.

Loads of cool stuff around Stonebridge each night. 

the theatre field bar is ace. Til about 3am but always indie / old skool stuff. We tend to go there then head to se corner when crowds have eased. 

Thank you that sounds just what we would be looking for ??

3 hours ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

Avalon inn is good after headliners too but more chilled vibe. I like a good dance and sing song so theatre is a good bet for that before we head off to a rave haha. 

I'll check out the maps to see where the theatre is , that's what I was trying to ask for a good old song song perfect ????

Ended up in Chameleon bar watching the fireworks one year, it was too muddy to walk much further.

I wouldn’t recommend it but if you plan a bar crawl I’d suggest stopping for one.

Also the Brothers Bar goes off at night, seen a almost half West Holts going off signing along to Killers, Kasabian, indie rock afters hours. Maybe more on the Wednesday/Thursday perhaps.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

The green futures fields also seem to have some late night areas, far more chilled and toned down which is more my style these days.

I'll second that. The Lizard Bar and The Small World Stage both go until 3am (ish) with live music,

They have a comfy fire situated between them I usually pass here late and stop either for a liqueur coffee from Small World or a cinnamon chia in the Lizard bar.

This overlay was based on G2014 but the Green Futures grid 'O' '11' hasn't changed it's set much at all over the years.

Glasto Overlay 2014

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 3:59 PM, Quinten said:

What area's/bar's or stages should we go to after the headliners for some pop music? 

Late reply: I only know of the silent disco’s for pop music.

There used to be plenty of pop music down in the SE corner when they had the lanes & micro venues but it’s changed a lot down that way since then.

I can’t remember the venue but we went to a tent that had 80’s, 90’s pop & disco music one night. There were performers on stage on roller skates, wearing spandex & drag.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:39 AM, Bisque said:

I can’t remember the venue but we went to a tent that had 80’s, 90’s pop & disco music one night. There were performers on stage on roller skates, wearing spandex & drag.

Likely to have been Club De Fromage at Williams Green

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, Staberinde said:

I'll second that. The Lizard Bar and The Small World Stage both go until 3am (ish) with live music,

They have a comfy fire situated between them I usually pass here late and stop either for a liqueur coffee from Small World or a cinnamon chia in the Lizard bar.

This overlay was based on G2014 but the Green Futures grid 'O' '11' hasn't changed it's set much at all over the years.

Glasto Overlay 2014

The chai from the Lizard tent is amazing. 
Another vote here for the late night stuff going on in Small World, Lizard and other stages. Love how quiet it is over there too.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 4:00 PM, Bisque said:

Also the Brothers Bar goes off at night, seen a almost half West Holts going off signing along to Killers, Kasabian, indie rock afters hours. Maybe more on the Wednesday/Thursday perhaps.

I might be wrong but I'm fairly sure it shuts once the headliners are finished on West Holts.