Benja100

SE Corner is Closed messages on screens!

Hello everyone, quickie here & thanks in advance for anyone who may be able to help:

If you head down to the SE corner after the main stages shut, can you always queue to get in even if it takes a while? 

I remember a few years ago that the screens all said 'SE Corner is full' but I'm wondering if it was a ploy to stop too many people crowding it out

I try to mobilise my friends so that we head straight there after last act and am usually in a mild state of panic about making it in although this year I didn't see any queues, maybe as they moved Arcadia & GlastoLatino out but anyway the question stands, do they ever close entry off completely?

I thought I remember reading something about a maximum capacity, there’s been different layouts, and i think one year it was like a 1 way system, might be always like this I’m always drunk, so I’m guessing when people exit or move into the next are more can go in

Its a some out some in system due to risk of overcrowding! There is a clicker system in place and a one way system hence the queues! The overall crowds are monitored by cctv as per the rest of the site! Each venue and area capicity is monitored individually by stewards and security! Yes the icon and layout this year seemed alot more spacious and worked well! 

3 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Its a some out some in system due to risk of overcrowding! There is a clicker system in place and a one way system hence the queues! The overall crowds are monitored by cctv as per the rest of the site! Each venue and area capicity is monitored individually by stewards and security! Yes the icon and layout this year seemed alot more spacious and worked well! 

Mendip District Council (the licencing authority) monitor crowd management on the ground and contribute to the reviews of site management and layout. ICON worked well although there is room for improvement. I'd expect a few tweeks next year but not major changes. 

Yes a few tweeks needed as always! Collecting feedback from those on the ground is always helpful! The set up used for the stewards is great and easy to use makes us feel our experiences our valued! Feedback from the public is always good! 

Thanks some very interesting stuff here, Icon was massive wasn't it, felt much bigger than Genosys.  I had a friend involved in running that area as it goes, got us some wristbands that enabled a queue jump for NYC Downlow but we never made it in

So the question is - if it is really busy and full down in SE corner, can you still join a queue to go in? Or do you get turned away?  Even if you have to stand there for a while?   Luckily I often have some tasty homemade fudge with me so could always share that out in the queue and get some banter going.

You can still join the queue the stewards will give you an idea of numbers etc and how long you will be queueing for! There are peaks to lots of people trying to get in it then calms down a bit! After the headliners between midnight and 2pm tends to be the busiest! 

11 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

You can still join the queue the stewards will give you an idea of numbers etc and how long you will be queueing for! There are peaks to lots of people trying to get in it then calms down a bit! After the headliners between midnight and 2pm tends to be the busiest! 

This reminds me: !!! released an album in August and I loved the single 'Serbia Drums.'  I haven't heard much from them for a while and I don't think they've ever played Glastonbury - would love to see them in 2020.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Benja100 said:

I remember a few years ago that the screens all said 'SE Corner is full' but I'm wondering if it was a ploy to stop too many people crowding it out

I don't remember it being closed since 2016, the really muddy year which limited capacity.

Did anyone see it closed this year?

17 hours ago, stuie said:

I don't remember it being closed since 2016, the really muddy year which limited capacity.

Did anyone see it closed this year?

Not that I could recall.  The sign said that the SEC was very busy a few times but it wasn't that bad once in there.  

Between the usage of space  being better and the perfect ground conditions, everything seemed to move smoothly compared to previous years.

I'm sure a muddy year would bring back some of the bottleneck issues but hopefully not as bad as 2016

I honestly don't remember 2016 being as bad as 2011.  The start was terrible and the ground never dried in 2016 but...

2011 did have sunny sunday but I remember the rest being incredibly muddy everywhere

I’ve got in to SE corner within 20 minutes before despite signs saying it “full capacity” or similar on the LED screens.

This was straight after one of the headliners, I think I was extremely lucky however as I’ve heard a few horror stories.