Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm dubious because if it really was posted, let alone up for 4 minutes, then surely a lot more people than just "Down South Music News" would have noticed it and would be shouting about it all over social media. Especially in 2019, when people have all kinds of alerts set up so that they see anything (even if it subsequently deleted).

Not saying it can't be real, but if it is then I don't understand why it's not been more widely reported.

Yeah there are a lot of holes that can be poked in this which is why I'm holding off taking it as gospel just yet. Glastonbury being listed on their tour dates/them announcing them all at once like that seems pretty unlikely to me given Glastonbury's usual secrecy towards this stuff and Rage's usual MO, and like has been said, the fact that it's barely been picked up on, or that their instagram would make such a dumb mistake.

3 minutes ago, Col!n said:

However that poster looks incredibly legit and spans across many countries and festivals - if someone has faked that then hats off from me.

Yep - my guess is that it's fake, but I'm only about 60% on that. If it's fake, it's definitely one of the most well thought out ones I've seen.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

As others have said, not only does the poster have to be fake, it has to be put into a Photoshop of a fake Instagram, and then screen capped. 

That's a lot easier than I suspect you're thinking. It's about an extra minutes work.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah there are a lot of holes that can be poked in this which is why I'm holding off taking it as gospel just yet. Glastonbury being listed on their tour dates/them announcing them all at once like that seems pretty unlikely to me given Glastonbury's usual secrecy towards this stuff and Rage's usual MO, and like has been said, the fact that it's barely been picked up on, or that their instagram would make such a dumb mistake.

Apparently their reunion was accidentally posted on instagram early so it wouldn't be the first instagram-related mistake. In addition to this, the drummers partner has posted online to look out for tour dates coming soon on their instagram

Just now, chazwwe said:

Am just saying how it adds to it all, they could of just put the poster up somewhere and be done with it. 

If its a fake, its an extremely clever and well done one. 

Oh yeah, if it's fake someone definitely deserves credit for a great effort. The only holes I can spot are the lack of anyone else noticing it (leading me to think it probably wasn't really posted to their Instagram account) and the fact they've listed Ireland in the "United Kingdom" section, which is a mistake I don't think RATM would make.

Also reading on the RATM reddit page that the drummers girlfriend posted that more dates are coming and to look at their instagram, but she ended her message with a bang emoji and a bee emoji which apparently means killer bees also known as wu tang clan which they've taken to mean they're touring together

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Oh yeah, if it's fake someone definitely deserves credit for a great effort. The only holes I can spot are the lack of anyone else noticing it (leading me to think it probably wasn't really posted to their Instagram account) and the fact they've listed Ireland in the "United Kingdom" section, which is a mistake I don't think RATM would make.

Ooh thats a weird one. Their London date is also on a Monday, which is strange. Not impossible, just strange. 

6 minutes ago, incident said:

It says Dublin IR

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Has anyone tallied it against the dates / announced acts for things like Rock In Rio?

The 2 festivals that I recognised from the dates would be Splendour in the Grass and Rock in Rio but neither of them have confirmed dates yet but it sits in the right month