Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

4 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Bet they headline other against Taylor which is essentially Sophies choice for me

I have however seen RATM twice (they were unreal both times) and never seen Taylor

I'd have to go with RATM. I'm sure I could see Taylor elsewhere for a few more years, but this could be a last chance for Rage!

11 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Issue is they’ve reformed late in the game. Imagine glasto slots are filled

Quite recently they said they were still in talks with a third headliner. It's possible that there's still room.

Would love to see them again. Was at the Reading and was one of the best nights of music of my life.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Quite recently they said they were still in talks with a third headliner. It's possible that there's still room.

Would love to see them again. Was at the Reading and was one of the best nights of music of my life.

Same, they were unbelievable that night. Never hugged and jumped around with so many strangers at one gig!

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

There’s more notoriety to be had over here doing Glastonbury rather than doing APE. Saying that though there could be clauses in their contract for Coachella for them to do APE.

if Goldenvoice has paid big money for them to reform - and that seems very likely - then they're going to be tying them down to more than just the Coachella shows. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if Goldenvoice has paid big money for them to reform - and that seems very likely - then they're going to be tying them down to more than just the Coachella shows. 

Yeah, would be amazing if Glastonbury could get them on The Other though. Would be a sweaty one that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, Karlos12345 said:

How likely is it, that they play Europe? I mean. It could really just be about the elections in the US.

my guess is as good as yours.

It would be unusual for a band to reform just to play a particular show (Coachella in this case) so I reckon there'll be more to it, although the mooted other shows so far in the USA appear to be warm-up shows for Coachella.

To me it makes perfect sense for Goldenvoice to have chucked them money to do both Coachella and APE, and perhaps some more - and I think it's likely that the initial run of shows will be limited (so exclusive) via the contract that's caused them to reform.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

my guess is as good as yours.

It would be unusual for a band to reform just to play a particular show (Coachella in this case) so I reckon there'll be more to it, although the mooted other shows so far in the USA appear to be warm-up shows for Coachella.

To me it makes perfect sense for Goldenvoice to have chucked them money to do both Coachella and APE, and perhaps some more - and I think it's likely that the initial run of shows will be limited (so exclusive) via the contract that's caused them to reform.

From what I’ve read Neil, Coachella didn’t make them reform, they approached Coachella.

Apparently Coachella had to rejiggle a fully booked lineup to accommodate them. It seems very motivated by the US election - which means there may be no European shows, but who knows?

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

would be a very hot ticket at 40k capacity, I'd be surprised if they didn't attract quite a bit more interest than that if it were an exclusive 

I'm thinking it'll be around a sell-out, but I also reckon it'd be a brave promoter who did a bigger show for them because I reckon it'd be a gamble.

Which is why I said APE is about right.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

From what I’ve read Neil, Coachella didn’t make them reform, they approached Coachella.

Apparently Coachella had to rejiggle a fully booked lineup to accommodate them. It seems very motivated by the US election - which means there may be no European shows, but who knows?

then I guess APE will depend on how far they'd got with arranging headliners. It still seems a no-brainer for APE, as they'd have early notice of their availability and are around the right sized act for APE.

That different scenario might make a difference to whether APE had them as an exclusive, but I'd expect APE to try and tie them down as many of the APE shows haven't sold fantastically well.