Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

7 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

The answer was yes, there have been loads of worse albums by some distance.

The man said "album title".

The answer was yes. A worse album title is the album by Chumbawamba called 'The Boy Bands Have Won, and All the Copyists and the Tribute Bands and the TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture to Be Shaped by Mimicry, Whether from Lack of Ideas or from Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try to Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother's Hand-Me-Down Jacket and Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It to the Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don't Just Regurgitate Creative History, or Hold Art and Music and Literature as Fixed, Untouchable and Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try to 'Guard' Any Particular Form of Music Are, Like the Copyists and Manufactured Bands, Doing It the Worst Disservice, Because the Only Thing That You Can Do to Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own. Because Then It Dies, Then It's Over, Then It's Done, and the Boy Bands Have Won'

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

The man said "album title".

The answer was yes. A worse album title is the album by Chumbawamba called 'The Boy Bands Have Won, and All the Copyists and the Tribute Bands and the TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture to Be Shaped by Mimicry, Whether from Lack of Ideas or from Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try to Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother's Hand-Me-Down Jacket and Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It to the Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don't Just Regurgitate Creative History, or Hold Art and Music and Literature as Fixed, Untouchable and Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try to 'Guard' Any Particular Form of Music Are, Like the Copyists and Manufactured Bands, Doing It the Worst Disservice, Because the Only Thing That You Can Do to Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own. Because Then It Dies, Then It's Over, Then It's Done, and the Boy Bands Have Won'

Ironically that title has more words than their only hit.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Did we ever resolve the “has there ever been a worse album title than that?” debate.

It’s a terrible title, but I bought it when I was 12 and therefore have an undying love for it, because a song with the lyric “just one more fuck and that’s 46 fucks in this fucked up rhyme” is delightful to a boy who’s just discovered swearing. 

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Take Off Your Pants And Jacket was pretty pathetic and juvenile album title. Exactly what we want to see from Travis, Tom and Mark. 

Enema of the State was defo their best album imo, followed of this one. But Dude Ranch had two of their best songs.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ten minutes of Bizket - Break Stuff and that one from Mission Impossible - would be adequate.

I saw Limp Bizkit at Boomtown in 2018, it was such an odd set. They took requests from the crowd, and played a load of covers (badly) and then the stage ceiling collapsed on the guitar board (forcing the set to end early) before they got to playing 'Take a Look Around'.

IMG_20180812_212128507.jpg

Edited by vintagelaureate

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I saw Limp Bizkit at Boomtown in 2018, it was such an odd set. They took requests from the crowd, and played a load of covers (badly) and then the stage ceiling collapsed on the guitar board (forcing the set to end early) before they got to playing 'Take a Look Around'.

IMG_20180812_212128507.jpg

I saw them headline the R1 tent at Reading in 2015 up against Mumford & Sons who were headlining the main stage.

Fred Durst came on and shouted ‘do you want to hear new shit or old shit ‘ ‘

it was a higher nostalgia trip for the latter and when it got a(n inevitablebly) much bigger cheer they launched straight into (I think) My Generation and the tent went mental!

12 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Wasn't 5pm on Friday, but we did get Babymetal last time.

And they were great 

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I saw them headline the R1 tent at Reading in 2015 up against Mumford & Sons who were headlining the main stage.

it was a higher nostalgia trip for the latter and when it got a(n inevitablebly) much bigger cheer they launched straight into (I think) My Generation and the tent went mental!

All bands should do this 

9 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I remember it well, probably still one of the most fun sets I've been to. They'd be great at Glastonbury imo

16 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

During Break Stuff. Unbelievable timing.

• 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, jump said:

Rock en Seine which booked them last year is announcing their line up next week.

I'm hoping for a decent Euro fest or them being at a London day fest to avoid seeing them at R&L.

It’s honestly a shame but I feel like R&L is going to be the only place to see them again. A day ticket job for me I think.