Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

In normal circumstances yea but the same may be said for Aerosmith.

Do rage care about glasto enough? More likely they will just headline download. Who I don’t doubt would throw everything it takes at them to secure them.

35 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

The 2022 tour is almost an exact copy of 2020 where they had June off as well expect for Firefly. I doubt, they‘ll play Europe in June 2022. August/September 2022 and Jund 2023 is more likely.

Yep. Nova Rock, Download and Rock Am Ring have all announced their headliners - none of them have Rage. Those are three of the biggest festivals Rage could play in June.

2023 does enter the picture but I agree with @Matt42 that if they're around in June then they'll be at Download. They will already have done a handful of FR festivals the previous year so it follows pretty easily.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Emily Eavis has referred to there being a "metal slot" on Friday at around 5pm.

And Motorhead and Royal Blood playing around that time is a pretty spot on reflection of what you would call 'rock' bands. Either way they probably won't do it but if they are around with music back etc and getting the other pay days. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was it Bastille or Lauren Hill that applied to last time?

We had the 1-2 of Motörhead and ZZ Top a few years back but that’s it really.

Didn’t she specifically mention not being able to book somebody for that slot in 2019 but having somebody massive booked for 2020 which lead to the speculation surrounding it and eventual reveal of Aerosmith?

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Didn’t she specifically mention not being able to book somebody for that slot in 2019 but having somebody massive booked for 2020 which lead to the speculation surrounding it and eventual reveal of Aerosmith?

That was said privately to Neil by a Glasto booker at the ETC finals (might've been Emzie) so it does explain why there wasn't one.

It probably isn't going to be a slot they can fill every year - which does arguably invalidate it as a slot - but if the woman in charge says it's a thing then it bloody well is.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

That was said privately to Neil by a Glasto booker at the ETC finals (might've been Emzie) so it does explain why there wasn't one.

It probably isn't going to be a slot they can fill every year - which does arguably invalidate it as a slot - but if the woman in charge says it's a thing then it bloody well is.

Well I’m struggling to think where they are going to go after Aerosmith 

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well I’m struggling to think where they are going to go after Aerosmith 

Why do they need to go anywhere? They’ll book whoever is available and willing to play.

Aerosmith playing third down would be an absolutely colossal booking, but very much a one off. I doubt they’ll spend 12 months trying to convince Kiss to play the same slot.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Why do they need to go anywhere? They’ll book whoever is available and willing to play.

Aerosmith playing third down would be an absolutely colossal booking, but very much a one off. I doubt they’ll spend 12 months trying to convince Kiss to play the same slot.

Yee but if they like to book a ‘rock/metal slot’ then they might be more inclined to hit up Limp Bizkit out of available names than they are Two Door Cinema Club.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yee but if they like to book a ‘rock/metal slot’ then they might be more inclined to hit up Limp Bizkit out of available names than they are Two Door Cinema Club.

Ten minutes of Bizket - Break Stuff and that one from Mission Impossible - would be adequate.

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ten minutes of Bizket - Break Stuff and that one from Mission Impossible - would be adequate.

I would like it if they could play the entirety of Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water.