Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

just remembered reading fest falls on the sunday of notting hill carnival - which is a tradition for my group and im the de-facto organiser after everyone comes to me for a plan, would never miss a year!

fingers crossed for glasto or a big UK date like MK Bowl, otherwise ill be going further afield to catch them!

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

$250 for nosebleed tickets in america. It makes a day ticket for Leeds / Reading look very cheap. That's £191 according to google.

That's being very much part of the machine.

Disappointing.

No idea why American tour tickets are so expensive 

14 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

hooray I got 2 tickets :) 

Weirdly looking forward to going back to Reading! 

Yea me too. Ten years ago I swore I'd never go back because everyone was 25 years younger than me. But here I go again.

Edited by Cooter
  • Upvote 1

Not to put a downer on Leeds, but didn’t last time they played R&L pull out a show at Reading & was less of a spectacle at Leeds?

Just from what I heard when a friend at Durham Uni decided to bail on us & go with his uni friends t’up North. He said we got the better show down South even though neither were televised.

3 hours ago, Bisque said:

Not to put a downer on Leeds, but didn’t last time they played R&L pull out a show at Reading & was less of a spectacle at Leeds?

Just from what I heard when a friend at Durham Uni decided to bail on us & go with his uni friends t’up North. He said we got the better show down South even though neither were televised.

Think they put in a bit more ‘spectacle’ at Reading, but as somebody who was at Leeds I can say that it was still amazing. People who went to both may have noticed a difference, but anybody just at Leeds sure weren’t complaining on the night.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Was it Reading they came out like this?
image.png.9d64534e11b901f4505ebcf4e2c244cd.png

Yeah, they did that at Reading, but not Leeds. Think that was about the only difference in terms of spectacle. Setlist was slightly different too. Remember being happy Leeds got War Within a Breath, but Reading got Wake Up. Ideally you'd have both!

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

No idea why American tour tickets are so expensive 

most big gigs in the US these days, especially at Live Nation owned venues, use dynamic pricing to start with. Start ticket prices high, see how much demand there is, then adjust accordingly. Don't know about the UK, but some gigs here in Ireland have had that recently.

14 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Yeah, they did that at Reading, but not Leeds. Think that was about the only difference in terms of spectacle. Setlist was slightly different too. Remember being happy Leeds got War Within a Breath, but Reading got Wake Up. Ideally you'd have both!

I missed out on going to that Leeds show, couldn't afford it at the time, and a huge group of my mates went. They were desperate to hear Wake Up, which was all of our favourite RATM tune. They obviously loved it, but they were disappointed they didn't play it.

Two years later and I go to Download, all my mates didn't go because they thought it was too grebby, and of course they played Wake Up. 

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

$250 for nosebleed tickets in america. It makes a day ticket for Leeds / Reading look very cheap. That's £191 according to google.

That's being very much part of the machine.

Disappointing.

Which show was $250 for one ticket. Cause that was Canada pricing according to all accounts and everything else was $125 in the u.s. proper. 

so a band is trying to make this tour about donating money to a worthy cause.  They priced tickets at a certain point that will pay them and the support act fairly while helping said cause. ( seems as though people are forgetting RTJ has mouths to feed too ) The general public gets pissed tf off about this yet they sold out twice as many dates than MCR  did in a third of the time while meeting demand in some markets by adding extra shows. AND there was no dynamic pricing in effect except for the charity tickets they did put on sale as stated in the above image. So who is mad right now? Only the ones who couldnt get a ga standing ticket. If you want to get upset at something then its pricing every single ticket the same. So nosebleeds and GA standing were the same cost. Personally i think they should have made the shows in the round to make that pricing much more fair because everyone gets a pretty equal view of the show regardless of seat choice.  And yeah, the first 3 dates are 100% going to charity. Who gives up around 6 million dollars in this day and age? Yeah, those guys do. The trending twitter story over here regarding that was that it was too expensive apparently, but nobody decided to look into why it was priced where it was cause they want everything to cost $20. 

Edited by Suprefan

45 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

most big gigs in the US these days, especially at Live Nation owned venues, use dynamic pricing to start with. Start ticket prices high, see how much demand there is, then adjust accordingly. Don't know about the UK, but some gigs here in Ireland have had that recently.

Dynamic pricing here where I live ( the u.s. ) and  where you dont doesnt work that way. The algorithm will figure out the demand and price accordingly AFTER the sale starts. The system is not overpricing from the get go, that would turn buyers off if things were triple the cost the second you got into the buy page after your were in the queue. You will see that in action right now with the my chemical romance tour. Those prices got there because there were on average twice as many people trying for half as many tickets For any specific date so the system adjusted accordingly. Explain to me how I was able to buy lower level seating at the original face value, and then 10 minutes later after I had already bought mine,  similar seats cost $50 more? Yeah, the algorithm did its job but I beat it to the punch. 

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Dynamic pricing here where I live ( the u.s. ) and  where you dont doesnt work that way. The algorithm will figure out the demand and price accordingly AFTER the sale starts. The system is not overpricing from the get go, that would turn buyers off if things were triple the cost the second you got into the buy page after your were in the queue. You will see that in action right now with the my chemical romance tour. Those prices got there because there were on average twice as many people trying for half as many tickets For any specific date so the system adjusted accordingly. Explain to me how I was able to buy lower level seating at the original face value, and then 10 minutes later after I had already bought mine,  similar seats cost $50 more? Yeah, the algorithm did its job but I beat it to the punch. 

that's what I said. after they go onsale the price moves, up or down depending on demand. the face value is high to begin with, and will go up if there's demand, or down if there's not enough interest after a while. I lived in the US and the face value/initial price for many big gigs is FAR higher than the equivalent in the UK/Europe.

Edited by ghostdancer1

What the fuck is this dynamic pricing you're talking about and how is it legal? 

I think it's outrageous enough that all gigs aren't listed with seat plans and prices days in advance anyway. Let alone prices that CHANGE

I also hate that for many events its impossible to pay face value. 

Went to see the Prophets of Rage at Manchester Academy last August but have never seen RATM.

If the madness of the Academy is anything to go on, t would be unmissable on the Farm.

(Dreaming about a West Holt’s headline similar to Underworld in 2016. Love that that stage. It just feels right)