Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

2 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

whats thoughts on day tickets selling out for reading? wish I hadn't spent £60+ on royal parks half entry now!

I really don’t know. I feel nervous about this sale for some reason. I’ve not got any access to the Barclaycard presale so I guess Sunday for me.

Still holding up the hope they could appear on the farm, if they can get Aerosmith to play 3rd/4th down, it's not outside the realms of possibility for RATM to headline the Other. If they wanted to play the festival but the headliners were booked by the time they made themselves available, they might just accept it. 

Would be mental and unprecedented but people were predicting Judas Priest for the rock slot and we've gotten Aerosmith. RATMA would definitely be a Pyramid level Other headliner for sure.

4 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Still holding up the hope they could appear on the farm, if they can get Aerosmith to play 3rd/4th down, it's not outside the realms of possibility for RATM to headline the Other. If they wanted to play the festival but the headliners were booked by the time they made themselves available, they might just accept it. 

Would be mental and unprecedented but people were predicting Judas Priest for the rock slot and we've gotten Aerosmith. RATMA would definitely be a Pyramid level Other headliner for sure.

I agree with this but I really think weird to come to Europe twice in two months and back to USA... Unless they use their Glastonbury appearance to make an UK tour somehow. 

Tbh I think IF RATM are playing, they're more likely to sub the Pyramid than headline the Other. This reunion seems to be very last minute, and I think the Other headliners may well have been booked for a while at this point (you'd imagine PSB and Calvin Harris would have been booked for a while, at least). If they need to bump someone down a slot, I imagine it's easier with Pyramid subs than with acts who have agreed to headline the Other.

Might be way off, but I just see the Other headliners locked in for a while. Subbing the Pyramid on primetime TV is probably a better slot anyway.

Edited by jparx

48 minutes ago, jparx said:

Tbh I think IF RATM are playing, they're more likely to sub the Pyramid than headline the Other. This reunion seems to be very last minute, and I think the Other headliners may well have been booked for a while at this point (you'd imagine PSB and Calvin Harris would have been booked for a while, at least). If they need to bump someone down a slot, I imagine it's easier with Pyramid subs than with acts who have agreed to headline the Other.

Might be way off, but I just see the Other headliners locked in for a while. Subbing the Pyramid on primetime TV is probably a better slot anyway.

RATM > Kendrick is too good. I can't see it happening though 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

So late summer last year is a late “reunion”?

I wouldnt mind Rage into Kung Fu Kenny. Anyone that survives Rage will be in the front for Kendrick after the massive audience switch