Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

Think BST use similar, the screens wrap around to the back and it looks very good. Sadly I just don't see this could fit in with the pyramid set up.

They could do it on the Other though. Especially considering the Other headliners have recently been the ones with the more demanding visual requirements. Could be a way of giving the Other stage something a bit extra. 

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think he meant Idles anyway but the Glasgow Summer Sessions gigs are in June this year, so if they do play Glasgow then it won't be as part of that.

Are they? That’s not good then. There’s definitely another UK date coming. (There’s evidence for this it’s in the r&l thread somewhere).

I think the consensus is it’s a Scotland date. I said summer sessions as it’s usually in August so a safe bet.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't imagine IDLES being an exclusive, you don't pay for exclusivity then shunt them away on the second stage when most of their crowd will bugger off midway through their set.

i also can't see IDLES wanting to be an exclusive. It seems to go against what they stand for

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think he meant Idles anyway but the Glasgow Summer Sessions gigs are in June this year, so if they do play Glasgow then it won't be as part of that.

Different set of gigs. Rage will be doing the Bellahouston Park ones 14-16 August. There’s often crossover with Reading/Leeds.

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

Different set of gigs. Rage will be doing the Bellahouston Park ones 14-16 August. There’s often crossover with Reading/Leeds.

Ah, I see they’re not being branded as Summer Sessions but I’m sure I read that there’s no gigs at Bellahouston this summer, which is why Green Day got moved to Glasgow Green.

5 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

When do people think this extra date would be announced? It would be perfect for me if it was Glasgow but dont want to risk getting tickets for other gigs by rolling the dice.

Will Leeds dah tickets likely sell out quickly?

depends, if people think they aren't going to announce anything else then they could go within a few weeks.... if there's a hint of another then some may hold out a while.

Just now, maelzoid said:

In relation to the bafflingly negative twitter responses, can a kind young person please explain to me the references to Dark Fruits and Fiat500.

i wish i didnt read the twitter posts its made me so angry! dark fruits seems to be some w*nky comedy twitter account 4 da kids?

Basic british white girls on Twitter that post about hangovers, boys, food, tango ice blasts, and generic life advice that for some reason gets thousands of retweets, usually adding an 'x' on the end for some sort of comedic value that is lost on the rest of the population/world. Usually all have the same picture in front of the exact same door as their profile picture.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

In relation to the bafflingly negative twitter responses, can a kind young person please explain to me the references to Dark Fruits and Fiat500.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=strongbow dark fruits

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fiat 500 Twitter

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Ah, I see they’re not being branded as Summer Sessions but I’m sure I read that there’s no gigs at Bellahouston this summer, which is why Green Day got moved to Glasgow Green.

I haven’t heard anything about that but it wouldn’t be a total surprise as Bellahouston got absolutely wrecked last year by the rain and mud (and of course Green Day has to cancel there a couple of years back).

But Green Day this year is weeks before there are supposed to be any gigs at Bellahouston. I figured that was just making extra use of the TRNSMT set up like they did with Bruno Mars in 2018.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

""A dark fruits drinker's cover photo, if it's not of the Gallagher brothers, will be of his football club's home ground with flare smoke creeping across the pitch, Champagne Supernova WILL be played at his funeral.""

Got it. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I haven’t heard anything about that but it wouldn’t be a total surprise as Bellahouston got absolutely wrecked last year by the rain and mud (and of course Green Day has to cancel there a couple of years back).

But Green Day this year is weeks before there are supposed to be any gigs at Bellahouston. I figured that was just making extra use of the TRNSMT set up like they did with Bruno Mars in 2018.

Think I was just basing it off this post from @Mezhyp1 who is usually spot on for that sort of information. It seems like Guns N Roses and Post Malone were originally meant to be at Bellahouston too, as three gigs were moved from there to Glasgow Green according to this.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:46 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

I was told Guns n Roses and Post Malone were 'Summer Sessions' this year, so I suspect that is it for Glasgow outdoor shows and Summer Session is just confined to Edinburgh, as Bellahouston being out of commission and there now being 6 outdoor shows inc Trnsmt at Glasgow Green

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Think I was just basing it off this post from @Mezhyp1 who is usually spot on for that sort of information. It seems like Guns N Roses and Post Malone were originally meant to be at Bellahouston too, as three gigs were moved from there to Glasgow Green according to this.

Ah I see, yeah he/she is usually bang on. Thanks for that.

Re.Bellahouston, I had a walk through there in December and it was still all fenced off. Total mud bath. 

Edited by MEGABOWL

33 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

i wish i didnt read the twitter posts its made me so angry! dark fruits seems to be some w*nky comedy twitter account 4 da kids?

Basic british white girls on Twitter that post about hangovers, boys, food, tango ice blasts, and generic life advice that for some reason gets thousands of retweets, usually adding an 'x' on the end for some sort of comedic value that is lost on the rest of the population/world. Usually all have the same picture in front of the exact same door as their profile picture.

To add further context, Dark Fruits Twitter is typically the male equivalent to fiat 500 Twitter.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Booking a Leeds day ticket. I can't get the day off so I am having to get the 16:30 train from Manchester... hopefully there isn't a train strike!

I'm tempted to do this but dunno about getting back, is it easy enough to do? I'm well versed in late trains from Leeds to Manc but unsure about getting from the fest to the station

8 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm tempted to do this but dunno about getting back, is it easy enough to do? I'm well versed in late trains from Leeds to Manc but unsure about getting from the fest to the station

Got the shuttle bus back to Leeds centre on the Friday after Foos last year, which was easy enough. According to google location tracker, the journey back took 47 mins and I was at Leeds station for 12.44.

Edited by Lubic87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

But what day. Opposite Taylor? Cause theres no way in hell theyre against Kendrick. That would be the most illogical clash you could think of. 2 major name acts that are both from los angeles against each other? 

I don't get why this is illogical. They may be from the same place but are entirely different genres, it's like saying you can't have Carcass and The Lightning Seeds on at the same time because they're both from Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

As someone without a Glasters tick but with my regular EP tick im a happy man today. RTJ aswell makes this a really nice announcement.

Nice one, thought of you when I saw they were doing EP.

• Upvote 2