Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

3 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Do they close The Pit early like they used to do with some stages on the Sunday? If not Fever 333 are going to get a tiny crowd - surely the overlap between the two's crowd will be huge.

For those going for the day, there's your support band if they are one after the other.

Yep, they will. I did a quick look back at previous headliners, and that stage closed early for Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, Metallica, Queens of The Stone Age and Green Day. 

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yep, they will. I did a quick look back at previous headliners, and that stage closed early for Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, Metallica, Queens of The Stone Age and Green Day. 

Can anyone offer advice on this. I had no idea that reading had a pit that 'closed'... What's the story here? How early do I need to get there to guarantee being in it for Rage...?

Just now, maelzoid said:

Can anyone offer advice on this. I had no idea that reading had a pit that 'closed'... What's the story here? How early do I need to get there to guarantee being in it for Rage...?

There is a small stage at Reading called 'The Pit' they aren't referring to the 'moshpit' 

:)

Just now, maelzoid said:

The pit is the third stage (I think). Used to be lockup. I believe there's a second barrier at the main stage but not managed any differently to the Pyramid. 

I've not been in years, mind, so I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

The pit is the third stage (I think). Used to be lockup. I believe there's a second barrier at the main stage but not managed any differently to the Pyramid. 

I've not been in years, mind, so I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong. 

Looks like this these days.

19236s.jpg

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I can see how my post can be confusing to those who don't know the ins and out of R&L so I've edited for clarity.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Aaaaahhh. Right, thanks for the clarification. Yes, I thought the pit being referred to was just the area in front of the barrier saftey

Was worried I'd have to stand through a Courteeners set....

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

The front pit at Reading and Leeds is capacity controlled, so you can't just waltz in at any time (unless there are people leaving of course) 

I'd probably aim to get there just as Courteeners are finishing up and then there should be a decent enough cross flow of people to get in.

If the twitter responses are anything to go by, there'll be plenty of room for us Gen Xers.

This is going to be thing soon isn't it...

Me: But Rage are one of the best live bands ever....

Millennial: Okay, Xer....

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Me: But Rage are one of the best live bands ever....

Millennial: Okay, Xer....

I've been reading a lot of it on Twitter too, its amazing how some of them have never even heard of RATM and getting their knickers in a twist over one band playing over the whole weekend.

A mate of mine went last year who's around my age (late 30''s) and he said he felt it was very chavvy with all the 'roadmen' and 'fiat500' girls there now....so perhaps that's the reason why?

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Radio 1 stage subs normally run into to (or up to) main stage headliners, so Idles are a no-go if you want to see Rage (especially if you want to get down the front) 

Them being on the bill gives some hope they'll be at Glastonbury at least.

I would absolutely love to see Idles followed by Rage though, it would be incredible! 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Glastonbury really need to up their screen game. It's one of few areas where they are lagging behind. 

100% agree on this - was at Reading last year and the screens were incredible - huge and really good quality.

Would be awesome if Glasto stepped this aspect up for the 50th as they are well behind in this area

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

100% agree on this - was at Reading last year and the screens were incredible - huge and really good quality.

Would be awesome if Glasto stepped this aspect up for the 50th as they are well behind in this area

Recently rewatched Kenny's Coachella show and it really hit home how much further ahead other festivals are with the visuals.