Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

Just now, Suprefan said:

But what day. Opposite Taylor? Cause theres no way in hell theyre against Kendrick. That would be the most illogical clash you could think of. 2 major name acts that are both from los angeles against each other? 

yeah against Taylor, the initial rumour I heard was matey that runs Shangri-La was trying to get them for a secret set on the Truth stage, and a wink wink that theyre already booked for the festival in general - now theyre starting to announce UK it at least looks like a possibility it was a trumour (true rumour - not to be confused with tumour)

5 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

yeah against Taylor, the initial rumour I heard was matey that runs Shangri-La was trying to get them for a secret set on the Truth stage, and a wink wink that theyre already booked for the festival in general - now theyre starting to announce UK it at least looks like a possibility it was a trumour (true rumour - not to be confused with tumour)

Did that matey want to cause a Glasto-ending crush in the SE corner! 😂

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They were selling it last year at the bar and I did not love to swig it.

On the other hand, I certainly did love to swig it. So much so that I sank about 4 pints in an hour on the Wednesday and almost shat myself as a consequence.

Perky little anecdote there to kick start your Tuesday. 

2 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

why not in a million years? its not like putting katy perry or something on the other against her I would have thought there would be less crossover between fans w/ rage?

Ok musically I don't think there would be an issue obviously, but to book 2 huge acts and then put them on at the same time would surely be a bit daft?

Just secured my Reading ticket. Haven't been since '94...

Also got Barclaycard so £80 for the day which these days is decent value, even if I don't like / know anything else on the line-up. I can't imagine they're doing other UK dates now... would make no sense to not announce them along with the recent news.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Just secured my Reading ticket. Haven't been since '94...

Also got Barclaycard so £80 for the day which these days is decent value, even if I don't like / know anything else on the line-up. I can't imagine they're doing other UK dates now... would make no sense to not announce them along with the recent news.

You probably won't recognise it from what you remember 26 years ago!

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Interesting....so basically everyone buys day tickets for Reading & Leeds then has to sell them when they announce something like MK bowl or the o2 arena?!

Potentially. I reckon Geoff will have just asked El-P from RTJ. He doesn't keep his mouth shut about things like this.

2 minutes ago, James96 said:

Potentially. I reckon Geoff will have just asked El-P from RTJ. He doesn't keep his mouth shut about things like this.

Strange that it hadn't been announced already, or is that to make sure the R&L day tickets get shifted first?!

Oh well, Reading is only down the road for me so I'm happy with that. :)

Do they close The Pit (third stage, nothing to do with main stage) early like they used to do with some stages on the Sunday? If not Fever 333 are going to get a tiny crowd - surely the overlap between the two's crowd will be huge.

For those going for the day, there's your support band if they are one after the other.

Edited by Tommy101
clasrity

23 minutes ago, James96 said:

I think it’s worded awkwardly and he means they’ve just got their own day at R+L.

He’s replied to someone else now who said surely they’re not just doing festivals saying ‘it might be in their contract to not do anymore shows’