Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

On 1/10/2020 at 2:15 PM, maelzoid said:

EBxBuSvWsAABtkS.jpg-large.jpeg.7b6b60671be8b7e508563e9875ffbc59.jpeg

We got "FUCK FARAGE" on his guitar when he did a solo set opening for Muse. So its consistent. Remember that got a huge cheer.

14 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

It was incredible. The vibe in that field. Just everyone at the end saying to strangers how amazing it was...will never forget it

There's a Blu-ray/ dvd available.

https://youtu.be/qm7ych5qH14

Yeah I got lucky with a successful free tix application to that one. It was pretty special. Only the 4th gig I ever attended as well.

7 hours ago, VCK said:

I was at Leeds that year and QOTSA were awful.

Rage knocked it out of the park though.

They purposefully did an understated set that year, as they knew everyone would be buzzing for Rage, and didn't want to steal their thunder. Still love the special version of Go With The Flow they did though.

Edited by Simpo

6 hours ago, Simpo said:

They purposefully did an understated set that year, as they knew everyone would be buzzing for Rage, and didn't want to steal their thunder. Still love the special version of Go With The Flow they did though.

I know its off-topic to RATM's 2020 tour (and a hoped for but probably not happening Glastonbury set) but I did wonder if there's any word of QOTSA touring or releasing some new tunes this year.

48 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I know its off-topic to RATM's 2020 tour (and a hoped for but probably not happening Glastonbury set) but I did wonder if there's any word of QOTSA touring or releasing some new tunes this year.

They announced back in October they're working on one but thats all we've gotten. Could mean they're in the studio, could mean they're in the early stages. Wouldn't surprise me for an album late this year though. 

On 1/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, Madyaker said:

They used to fit the ethos of the festival well. These days all they seem to care about is making money. Notoriously silent considering all thats going on the world yet happy to tour on old records and rake in the cash at coachella etc. But no chance of playing a fest like Glasto who have similar political leanings but don't pay the required cash. The term sellouts comes to mind.

I'm sorry but that's just not true. My ex spent some time with the band, particularly Tom Morello, and that isn't what they are about at all. They LOVED the Finsbury Park gig and, as has been said, had to play other gigs to fund it. Zack's feelings about creating new music seem to be complicated but Morello has continued to be fairly prolific one way or another and isn't all about cashing in.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The demo for RandL seems to have shifted away from RATM. Granted I think RATM will shift a load of tickets to their own fans, especially if it's their only UK show, but it still seems an odd one.

It's a shame this has all come about after Glastonbury has seemingly sorted their headliners. RATM would have been amazing headlining the Pyramid, although tbf I'm not sure I'd sacrifice any of our current headliners for them.

27 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

If you check anything on Readings twitter its all 15-18 year olds complaining they're not getting any bands because 'I have my ticket, i have the right to know whose playing'. Its a little sad. 

what's wrong with them wanting to know what the lineup is and who cares what age they are?

don't suppose that would ever happen with glastonbury go-ers...

• Upvote 4