Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

35 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Excellent, thanks for that fuzzy. Even some of the people on a mission walking through give them a second glance as if to say "shit, who the fuk are these badass dudes'!

I love the fact "killing in the name" is just an intro. The guy in red/purple who starts going for it. He knows the score!

• Upvote 1

Real shame it turned out to be a hoax. They fit the ethos of the festival so well, I can't think of anyone better to get in at such times. Really hope that the Eavii pull it out of the bag and have them on the other against Taylor or Kendrick, while the crossover on here may be fairly large, I think for most it would be a binary choice. Having seen both, I would gone for Rage over Macca despite how special Macca's set will no doubt be. I think it would be the same for any headliner, any year. 

As a complete aside, between the ages of 15 and 17 friends of mine formed a Rage tribute band called 'The Spartans'. As far as I can remember they only played private parties / gigs in the Ashford area from around 2004-2006 era. My word though, they were good. They had two guitarists out of necessity I think, so they were a five piece. The lead guitarist, Chris, was a true Rage nut - they made him pick up a guitar and within a year he was a virtuoso by learning to play like Morello. He lent me a copy of Live and Rare in the days when I got most of my cds by borrowing from the local library and copying them, my parents didn't have broadband so I couldn't just download these things. He knew everything about Morello's guitars and set up, and after we lost contact I heard that he had even bought one of Morello's old guitars.

For the first half of their stint I kept pestering them to play Calm Like A Bomb but they couldn't because Chris didn't have a digitech whammy pedal and it was too costly just for one song when he had a set up that accommodated the rest of their set. At some point, at one gig (that my awful band also played) I was busy outside the venue with a ladyfriend drinking the vodka my band had been payed in when I heard them start with that bass line - immediately ditched her, ran in and started moshing away - the fucker had gone and got himself a digitech whammy pedal just to play that song and the band had kept it from me as a surprise. 

Apologies for the aside - it's probably more fitting for the drunkards thread, but damn they were good. My mate Ed was the drummer and just before their first gig he broke a bone on his right side, I think the ankle. The fucker learned how to drum left-handed in a week and they smashed the gig. They always finished on Freedom, too. It was a real shame that out of everyone, I was the only one to get tickets to the Finsbury Park gig due to the different pairings. It was even worse that I went to stay with two of them after the gig before flying from London the next day as I went over just how spectacular it was. 

But anyway, I really wish Rage will happen. What better place than the farm, what better time than June? 

Edited by sirjonnyp
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, sirjonnyp said:

Real shame it turned out to be a hoax. They fit the ethos of the festival so well, I can't think of anyone better to get in at such times. Really hope that the Eavii pull it out of the bag and have them on the other against Taylor or Kendrick, while the crossover on here may be fairly large, I think for most it would be a binary choice. Having seen both, I would gone for Rage over Macca despite how special Macca's set will no doubt be. I think it would be the same for any headliner, any year. 

As a complete aside, between the ages of 15 and 17 friends of mine formed a Rage tribute band called 'The Spartans'. As far as I can remember they only played private parties / gigs in the Ashford area from around 2004-2006 era. My word though, they were good. They had two guitarists out of necessity I think, so they were a five piece. The lead guitarist, Chris, was a true Rage nut - they made him pick up a guitar and within a year he was a virtuoso by learning to play like Morello. He lent me a copy of Live and Rare in the days when I got most of my cds by borrowing from the local library and copying them, my parents didn't have broadband so I couldn't just download these things. He knew everything about Morello's guitars and set up, and after we lost contact I heard that he had even bought one of Morello's old guitars.

For the first half of their stint I kept pestering them to play Calm Like A Bomb but they couldn't because Chris didn't have a digitech whammy pedal and it was too costly just for one song when he had a set up that accommodated the rest of their set. At some point, at one gig (that my awful band also played) I was busy outside the venue with a ladyfriend drinking the vodka my band had been payed in when I heard them start with that bass line - immediately ditched her, ran in and started moshing away - the fucker had gone and got himself a digitech whammy pedal just to play that song and the band had kept it from me as a surprise. 

Apologies for the aside - it's probably more fitting for the drunkards thread, but damn they were good. My mate Ed was the drummer and just before their first gig he broke a bone on his right side, I think the ankle. The fucker learned how to drum left-handed in a week and they smashed the gig. They always finished on Freedom, too. It was a real shame that out of everyone, I was the only one to get tickets to the Finsbury Park gig due to the different pairings. It was even worse that I went to stay with two of them after the gig before flying from London the next day as I went over just how spectacular it was. 

But anyway, I really wish Rage will happen. What better place than the farm, what better time than June? 

My Husband was in a band that did Rage covers in their first set and Metallica covers in their second set. They also had two guitarists for the Rage part! Guess it just goes to show how amazing Morello is.

Edited by Bryanrebe
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I think there might have been some conversations for UK shows in 2021, just going by something I heard when i asked someone about that original poster being fake 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They used to fit the ethos of the festival well. These days all they seem to care about is making money. Notoriously silent considering all thats going on the world yet happy to tour on old records and rake in the cash at coachella etc. But no chance of playing a fest like Glasto who have similar political leanings but don't pay the required cash. The term sellouts comes to mind.

• Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

They used to fit the ethos of the festival well. These days all they seem to care about is making money. Notoriously silent considering all thats going on the world yet happy to tour on old records and rake in the cash at coachella etc. But no chance of playing a fest like Glasto who have similar political leanings but don't pay the required cash. The term sellouts comes to mind.

That seems abit unfair as Prophets of Rage (the band minus the frontman) have been fairly vocal/active over the last few years. At one point they invaded a Republican convention when they were announcing Trump as their presidential candidate.

Edited by jump

18 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

EBxBuSvWsAABtkS.jpg-large.jpeg.7b6b60671be8b7e508563e9875ffbc59.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

My Rage Factor gig ticket cost me £2.50 to cover postage and packaging. Greatest gig of my life. And according to most of the band, theirs too

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

My Rage Factor gig ticket cost me £2.50 to cover postage and packaging. Greatest gig of my life. And according to most of the band, theirs too

They also had to do a European tour to pay for rage factor due to giving all proceeds from the xmas number 1 to shelter

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's been what, a decade? And nothing has come close to that gig.

The energy was absolutely out of this world, just complete and utter chaos in the best way. 

40 minutes ago, Zacko said:

It's been what, a decade? And nothing has come close to that gig.

The energy was absolutely out of this world, just complete and utter chaos in the best way. 

I personally preferred the Reading 2008 gig but both were awesome.

QotsA subbing might have been a factor.

17 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It was incredible. The vibe in that field. Just everyone at the end saying to strangers how amazing it was...will never forget it

There's a Blu-ray/ dvd available.

https://youtu.be/qm7ych5qH14

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1