Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

26 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

the Astoria was a fantastic venue, went to some great gigs there - in fact, i went to my first ever gig there, Morbid Angel in '91.

it is a real shame that so many london venues have been lost.

i did not go to the RATM gig at the Astoria, but i did see them at Brixton Academy with Tool and Wool supporting, which i think was 93 or 94?

anyone else on here go to that one?

I only went to Astoria once when my uncles band supported Rasmus. If i had seen a better band there it would have been awesome

Still a great venue though

23 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

Astoria 2 or LA2 was was below the Astoria and that row of shops, the entrance was a doorway that lead straight downstairs.

they were two different venues.

i once saw Wildhearts supporting Napalm Death at the Astoria but for that night they changed their name to Gingers Angry Youth so they could play under the G.A.Y sign.

aaaah great days...

Less Than Jake used the light up G-A-Y backdrop for a show. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

If this is legit I’m going to have to pull a sicky on that Monday to head to London. My Year 11s will be done with their exams by then so there won’t be any guilt :lol: 

You’re a teacher? God that would be awesome having you as a teacher with your music taste. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah. I have a Deftones flag up in my room :lol: 

Absolutely brilliant. Have any students ever said how amazing that is? Must be hard not to go on eFests while they do their work. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

In a way I’m glad Rage aren’t playing. Missing Macca headline the pyramid would be horrible and regretful.

I would have to see Rage and I really wanna see Macca, especially at Glasto. So being fake isn’t all bad tho it’s disappointing I won’t see Rage at Glastonbury next year after building it up. 

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Kids who like rock and metal are a tiny minority these days so it goes right over their heads unfortunately. 

It’s a shame isn’t it. Like it’s fading out and there’s nothing no one can do. 

out of curiosity, what subject do you teach. Music is way to obvious ?