Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Has anyone apart from that one place actually verified that they made then took down the Instagram post?

Nope but it looks real as hell and a lot of effort has gone into it with all the designs and dates. Along with adding it to the Insta account that leaked their reunion 

1 minute ago, Bryanrebe said:

Please make it so, that would be the best night of my life!!!! This is an absolute nightmare clash for me otherwise ?

I don't think it works...like someone said on the other thread, the cross over is too messy. My friend and three of her sisters (two of whom are aged under 18) are planning on standing at the front pretty much all day waiting for Maca. I hectic crazy mosh pit would be carnage. 

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I don't think it works...like someone said on the other thread, the cross over is too messy. My friend and three of her sisters (two of whom are aged under 18) are planning on standing at the front pretty much all day waiting for Maca. I hectic crazy mosh pit would be carnage. 

When Rage headlined a festival here once they had Bjork subbing for them. That was absolute carnage. I wasn't there but my Husband was and Bjork got booed offstage.

Same festival had Pearl Jam and Kanye clashing another year. Funnily enough this turned out to be a huge issue as most people wanted to see both (I would have).

Funnily enough that festival doesn't run anymore...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I won't believe it until it's officially announced, but if that's true and they've actually managed to book RATM for Other headliner then that is absolutely huge. Devastating,  because McCartney vs. RATM would surely be the worst clash the festival has ever had, but huge all the same.

If you’d proposed that hypothetical clash a few days ago I would have agreed it would be annoying. But now, as an actual live possibility - there’s absolutely no question where I’ll be. RATM all night long 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Nope but it looks real as hell and a lot of effort has gone into it with all the designs and dates. Along with adding it to the Insta account that leaked their reunion 

I'm dubious because if it really was posted, let alone up for 4 minutes, then surely a lot more people than just "Down South Music News" would have noticed it and would be shouting about it all over social media. Especially in 2019, when people have all kinds of alerts set up so that they see anything (even if it subsequently deleted).

Not saying it can't be real, but if it is then I don't understand why it's not been more widely reported.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I'm dubious because if it really was posted, let alone up for 4 minutes, then surely a lot more people than just "Down South Music News" would have noticed it and would be shouting about it all over social media. Especially in 2019, when people have all kinds of alerts set up so that they see anything (even if it subsequently deleted).

Not saying it can't be real, but if it is then I don't understand why it's not been more widely reported.

You make a good point

Ok, I'm going to try and rein in my excitement about this for a few months!

It does seem very odd that no other person on the internet seems to have seen that Insta post - there's no sign of it on the RATM subreddit or anywhere else where I can see. However that poster looks incredibly legit and spans across many countries and festivals - if someone has faked that then hats off from me. Pray

Seems like awfully high production value to be a fake (let alone whoever made it thinking to specify Glasto as a date) makes me inclined to believe it. Definitely odd that nowhere else has picked up on it (Looking at the time it was posted, that would have been roughly 5am UK time and midnight EST. Seems odd no one else saw it)

5 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

When Rage headlined a festival here once they had Bjork subbing for them. That was absolute carnage. I wasn't there but my Husband was and Bjork got booed offstage.

Same festival had Pearl Jam and Kanye clashing another year. Funnily enough this turned out to be a huge issue as most people wanted to see both (I would have).

Funnily enough that festival doesn't run anymore...

I was at that Big Day Out, and it was horrible for Bjork (and her fans).  IIRC, she cancelled the rest of the tour because of it.

13 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Rage crowd vs Chair People.

There were no survivors 

• Like 2