Rage Against the Machine

O'Doyle Rules

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It would be awesome if they came back with new material, spurred into action by the current political and social climate. If not and they’re cashing in for a third time, fuck off and don’t bother.

Who cares if they cash in? Their history says some money would go in the right direction rather than turning duck ponds into swimming pools

Please take me back to 1994 and the moment I got glastonbury 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm apart of this :( would be awful. 

Indeed. Although TBF Taylor is the holy grail so I don't think any clash would really bum me out. I'd have TOOL clashing and still be chuffed!

Edited by jparx

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Indeed. Although TBF Taylor is the holy grail so I don't think any clash would really bum me out. I'd have TOOL clashing and still be chuffed!

For me Taylor is someone I wouldn't see on tour, where even if RATM are playing next year, I'll still hope to catch them on tour, could easily see an All Points East day. So would be Taylor closing the Sunday on a Pyramid Stage for the 50th. Wouldn't miss it. 

2 hours ago, barcelonista1899 said:

Breal (in prophets) just today said, what appears to be him bowing out (which was always the case if a full reunion was on the cards?) 

Screenshot_2019-11-01-23-22-52-946_com.android.chrome.png

That's a shame if it's the very end and if it's not revived after the reunion. I found even them even though marketed as sort-of-Rage and with a very strong Rage setlist, had a different vibe to their live shows and were more fun than Rage were live. 

11 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Isn't playing Coachella a bit ironic for them though?

Yeah not really when you think about what they're trying to do. If they just played to audiences that were the "expected" audience you arent really going to make much of an impact. The kids at Coachella are exactly who need to hear RATM. 

They've also made a point to say this reunion is in the face of the 2020 US election. Just a guess but I bet we see them on most of the US festival lineups this year trying to fuck shit up.

9 hours ago, jparx said:

Probably just me you and Matt ?

Count me in as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So I’ve read that this was agreed just over two weeks ago. Coachella had to give their lineup a serious rejiggle to squeeze them onto the lineup. (Apparently two of their headliners are now co headliners to accommodate rage).

Also it’s been pointed out that their official YouTube account has been counting down to this and no one noticed! I guess nobody believed it was in the realms of possibility so it wasn’t questioned!

57E640CB-68AE-4C6E-B624-595DCF45628D.png

D6F2038C-E993-446A-BD5C-4E3C576FBD8D.png

I'd love to see Rage do more shows than just Glasto. One of my favourite early gigs was the Finsbury Park X Factor victory gig in 2010, which was awesome, and I also thought Tom Morello's set supporting Muse earlier this year was really good (even if, sadly, we didn't get Matt Bellamy and Morello jamming like Manchester the week after did).

Not sure why but I didn't think it'd be a Glasto thing. Though if they're booking Metallica & Queens of the Stone Age, as they have done recently, then why not RATM. If nothing else, I think it'd be quite something if they subbed Taylor Swift (if she is indeed playing Glasto). That would be a quite a contrast, similar ironically to when Swift herself opened for Foo Fighters at a Radio 1 thing in 2015.

8 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'd love to see Rage do more shows than just Glasto. One of my favourite early gigs was the Finsbury Park X Factor victory gig in 2010, which was awesome, and I also thought Tom Morello's set supporting Muse earlier this year was really good (even if, sadly, we didn't get Matt Bellamy and Morello jamming like Manchester the week after did).

Not sure why but I didn't think it'd be a Glasto thing. Though if they're booking Metallica & Queens of the Stone Age, as they have done recently, then why not RATM. If nothing else, I think it'd be quite something if they subbed Taylor Swift (if she is indeed playing Glasto). That would be a quite a contrast, similar ironically to when Swift herself opened for Foo Fighters at a Radio 1 thing in 2015.

Rage subbing Swift??? Really?

My god, for someone who frequents EFestivals so much, I'm clearly out of touch with musical reality 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Rage subbing Swift??? Really?

My god, for someone who frequents EFestivals so much, I'm clearly out of touch with musical reality 

Oh I meant that just for my personal amusement. Tbf this is a festival that previous brought us Ed Sheeran after Biffy Clyro, and Adele after Tame Impala, so they have form, but I didn't mean that as a serious suggestion.

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

That Finsbury gig was absolutely biblical. I was a fresh faced 18 year old, and must have nearly died about 50 times in that crowd. 

Loved every single minute of it.