Radio 1’s Big Weekend 2020

NickisGinger

4 hours ago, Thestylishkidintheriot said:

Chances of Dua Lipa? She's in Germany on the 20th and then back to London on the Tuesday after this.

I'm from Dundee so pretty excited, hopefully tickets aren't too hard to come by for locals

If you can get loads of tickets that’d be marvellous 😂😂

Edited by NickisGinger

On 1/15/2020 at 3:46 PM, Dales said:

Yeah can see Swift & Billie at this.

Plus one or all of these Yungblud, Fender, Celeste & Easy Life.

I'd be surprised if The Killers don't headline. Festival is the weekend before their uk stadium tour starts ( which starts in Scotland), only one confirmed date in Scotland at a venue that was nowhere near big enough for demand, and they haven't done a Big Weekend before. 

Could be wrong but would make sense.

20 hours ago, Neontiger90 said:

I'd be surprised if The Killers don't headline. Festival is the weekend before their uk stadium tour starts ( which starts in Scotland), only one confirmed date in Scotland at a venue that was nowhere near big enough for demand, and they haven't done a Big Weekend before. 

Could be wrong but would make sense.

I reckon it'll be Dundee, with Killers and Taylor Swift headlining and Stormzy and Billie as undercards; I'll have to try and grab tickets though.

58 minutes ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Portsmouth also has Victorious though, but that's normally August bank holiday.

That’s probably got more to do with all the problems they’ve had in recent years than anything to do with R1BW. And there’s no way the BBC will hold all of their big concerts in SE England in the same year.

3 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

The Killers said that Falkirk would be their only Scottish date on the tour, but I do feel like they will be added to this despite that. Be a hell of a booking.

I think they have a chance of being there

For sure.

In 2017 they booked kings of Leon to headline even through their British summer time show was a UK execisee.

18 hours ago, jj200 said:

I think they have a chance of being there

For sure.

In 2017 they booked kings of Leon to headline even through their British summer time show was a UK execisee.

I think 2017 was the last Big Weekend that was entirely licence fee funded, so it technically wasn’t a festival more like just an event.

Edited by NickisGinger