Matt42

Other Stage 2020

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday
Kendrick / Lana Del Rey / Tba (Foo Fighters)

Biffy Clyro / Wolf Alice / Blossoms

Saturday
Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher / Aerosmith

Dua Lipa / Gerry Cinnamon / Camila Cabello

Sunday

Taylor Swift / Billie Eilish / Alicia Keys / Diana Ross

Pet Shop Boys / Royal Blood / AJ Tracey

Give us something like this Eavis plzzzz

Gotta admire your persistence that Aerosmith aren’t the huge rock band they’ve bagged for this year.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

🤣

Foo fighters are playing the rock slot am telling ya!

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

I thought she was only coming back to headline the show? 

The most likely solution, but since we could be missing a sub and the elbow chat is total w*nk. Let’s have her!

46 minutes ago, petewilson09 said:

Gerry Cinnamon clashing against Noel would seem a bit odd, very similar fan bases I would say.

Initially thought that but didn't Liam and the Boreteeners overlap in a same position last year?

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Initially thought that but didn't Liam and the Boreteeners overlap in a same position last year?

Looks like its all down to timings. Last year Liam finished at 8:30, Courteeners started at 8:45.

But subs on the other days had different timings.

1 hour ago, petewilson09 said:

Looks like its all down to timings. Last year Liam finished at 8:30, Courteeners started at 8:45.

But subs on the other days had different timings.

Courteeners only played from 20.45 to 21.30, which was still 45 minutes longer than it needed to be.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Courteeners only played from 20.45 to 21.30, which was still 45 minutes longer than it needed to be.

Feel personally attacked, it was a great set 👀 🤣🤣😢

Just now, Spencer23 said:

I watched it as I wanted to get a good position for Chems and finished Foals. As I’m from Bolton, local to Manchester I have seen a fair few Teeners gigs due to friends loving them and a gigs a gig. 

Was the worst I’ve seen them. No one was there as it was started when Liam Gallagher finished, atmosphere wasn’t great and his vocals werent that good nor the setlist. Chems were fucking great so that’s the main thing. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do you not like the Courteeners mate? Should have said like

• Upvote 5

Just now, Superunknown said:

Do you not like the Courteeners mate? Should have said like

I’m fairly ambivalent towards them.

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I watched it as I wanted to get a good position for Chems and finished Foals. As I’m from Bolton, local to Manchester I have seen a fair few Teeners gigs due to friends loving them and a gigs a gig. 

Was the worst I’ve seen them. No one was there as it was started when Liam Gallagher finished, atmosphere wasn’t great and his vocals werent that good nor the setlist. Chems were fucking great so that’s the main thing. 

Courteeners in a smallish indoor venue put in a great show.

However put them on a big outdoor stage (without their own fans) then Liam doesn't have the voice to project it well enough.

And I do like them, yes.

I rocked up to them after Liam, they were alright. Been 5 or 6 years since I'd seen them previous so it was fun enough singing along, I did bloody love them for a while.

Bit annoyed I saw them though as I'm trying to knock them off the top of my most seen bands list so they didn't need another point there

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I seen them a ridiculous amount of times and have to say the worst time I have seen them was Glastonbury 2017 he voice was properly shot to bits couldn’t hit any note atall. So I thought Glastonbury 2019 was a vast improvement and was a lot more people there than 2017 year aswell. 

But yeah chemical brothers were incredible end of. 

4 hours ago, Spencer23 said:

Are you in the Courteeners? 😀

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Are you in the Courteeners? 😀

I actually saw the Courteeners at Benicassim in 2013 whilst being with their bassist. Met him whilst mangled the night before, he got really chummy with a girl in our group and ended up getting twatted and missing the start time for their set.

I still find it hilarious that courteneers bottled out of the first 15 minutes of their allocation!   Even if you are just playing to a handful of people, they are your hardcore fans, give them a treat rather than make them wait for a 3/4 set.

7 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I actually saw the Courteeners at Benicassim in 2013 whilst being with their bassist. Met him whilst mangled the night before, he got really chummy with a girl in our group and ended up getting twatted and missing the start time for their set.

So they’re unprofessional as well as shite?

On 3/3/2020 at 9:46 PM, The Martini Police said:

So when you said 'this is a rumours festival' you were referring to efestivals, not Glastonbury? And now you're shortening 'efestivals' to 'festivals'. Got it. 

It probably put festival in by auto correct rather than efestivals. Either way though it was in reference to a festival forum.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

So they’re unprofessional as well as shite?

I would rather pay £20 to see Hugh Jass scrap it out with Liam Fray than any of those Youtube gobshites any day of the week

5 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I would rather pay £20 to see Hugh Jass scrap it out with Liam Fray than any of those Youtube gobshites any day of the week

Anywhere south of Stoke and I’d take him.

Now that it looks like Royal Blood aren’t headlining the Other stage, could the three headliners actually be Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris and Pet Shop Boys? We seemed to rule out Calvin Harris pretty quickly after the Dua Lipa info but I wonder if it could end up being those three. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Now that it looks like Royal Blood aren’t headlining the Other stage, could the three headliners actually be Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris and Pet Shop Boys? We seemed to rule out Calvin Harris pretty quickly after the Dua Lipa info but I wonder if it could end up being those three. 

Why Royal Blood is not headlining Other? What it was said here it's that they are not playing Friday, but nothing else :) it's unclear for now. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

For a year that has two very non-guitar lead Pyramid headliners, those are three very non-guitar lead Other headliners as well. If Royal Blood are out, surely Biffy are still a possibility? Still noticeably absent from any festivals.

Could Royal Blood not be John Peel Headliners like The Streets headlining it last year - they are both playing this year's Victorious so similar in size perhaps. Royal Blood also seem to be taking smaller festival slots such as playing the likes of Y Not. I don't think its entirely unrealistic 

5 minutes ago, Guy M said:

Could Royal Blood not be John Peel Headliners like The Streets headlining it last year - they are both playing this year's Victorious so similar in size perhaps. Royal Blood also seem to be taking smaller festival slots such as playing the likes of Y Not. I don't think its entirely unrealistic 

It's not crazy compared to the Streets but that's because putting The Streets in there was a bad decision. Far too overcrowded and many had a bad experience being stuck outside a result. Both too big for it, doubt they'll repeat that mistake. 

On the flip side, the headliners on the Pyramid and Other that night were less popular than what we're getting and expecting (respectively) but I still think it would be a rash move, especially as Royal Blood would almost certainly be the top rock act that night.

21 minutes ago, Guy M said:

Would RB be considered to big to play JP now even as a headliner?

i did catch them at Leeds last year 3rd down and they were very enjoyable 

Edited by YourMonkeyWrench