Other Stage 2020

Matt42

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

What I wouldn’t give for QOTSA to come back on the Sunday night.

Every 10 or so years they get invited to play spoiler for the big pop act, again and again, until Homme is nothing more than creaking hips and one last tuft of ginger hair trying to escape his scalp.

I see your QOTSA request and raise you a Desert Sessions show complete with guest collaborators. Vol 11 and 12 was one of my albums of 2019. They've only played a couple times live but their website did tease a world tour back along

3 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

why do they not play anything from their debut album? it's up there with their best stuff

They played one or two when I saw them do an underplay show at Manc Academy once

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queens-of-the-stone-age/2011/manchester-academy-1-university-of-manchester-manchester-england-73d3d655.html

Royal Blood probably as a strong other sub I’d say if they aren’t headlining. 

Biffy Clyro, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys would definitely fit the criteria of going big on the other stage. All three are definitely pyramid level acts.

4 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

why do they not play anything from their debut album? it's up there with their best stuff

They pull out Regular John fairly regularly, and others as an exception (from my experience).

To be honest I don't dislike that album but regard it as more of a transition from Kyuss to Josh/QotSA finding it's own sound(s). 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Royal Blood probably as a strong other sub I’d say if they aren’t headlining. 

Biffy Clyro, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys would definitely fit the criteria of going big on the other stage. All three are definitely pyramid level acts.

Dunno if I agree with that. Still think that would be a case of Emily over-egging it. 

Biffy - maybe 5 years ago, not now. 

Dua - maybe in a few years, not now. 

PSB - maybe in 1988, not now. 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Dunno if I agree with that. Still think that would be a case of Emily over-egging it. 

Biffy - maybe 5 years ago, not now. 

Dua - maybe in a few years, not now. 

PSB - maybe in 1988, not now. 

How do you define pyramid level? Acts big enough to headline or acts that would usually be big pyramid stage bookings?

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How do you define pyramid level? Acts big enough to headline or acts that would usually be big pyramid stage bookings?

Not to rake up old graves re; the inference of Emily's comments but I took it as "acts big enough to headline". 

Queens of the Stone Age headlining the Other Stage would be amazing for me (no surprises there😂) I'm hearing that the desert sessions tour is not a legitimate thing and more of a joke, QOTSA aren't expected to be coming back until next year from what I've heard...that Finsbury park gig was a terrible day right up until the drums started for Do it Again. 

At the moment I'm predicting The Strokes - Dua Lipa - Pet Shop Boys

Edited by Kalopsia

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Saw them a few days after this and got a similar set list. Millionaire would’ve been nice though! I thought I wasn’t really into them anymore but it took me by surprise. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queens-of-the-stone-age/2018/the-eden-project-st-austell-england-5bea7b24.html

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I love this place, 1 poster says 'wasn't there a rumour of them playing?' and it goes into full 'so they're playing, whats the set list going to be like' 

It wasn’t a poster, was them on the Radio being very secretive when answering a question.  (If we’re talking Biffy).

Just realised you probably mean QOTSA.... nothing to see here

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I love this place, 1 poster says 'wasn't there a rumour of them playing?' and it goes into full 'so they're playing, whats the set list going to be like' 

I love this place. I can wind up Biffy Clyro fans without having to go down to CEX or back to 2010.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

It wasn’t a poster, was them on the Radio being very secretive when answering a question.  (If we’re talking Biffy).

Just realised you probably mean QOTSA.... nothing to see here

Yup was in relation to QOTSA :P

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I love this place. I can wind up Biffy Clyro fans without having to go down to CEX or back to 2010.

I don't really see anyone getting wound up. Just someone that wont shut up about a band they don't like :)

• Upvote 2