Other Stage 2020

Matt42

I still find it hilarious that courteneers bottled out of the first 15 minutes of their allocation!   Even if you are just playing to a handful of people, they are your hardcore fans, give them a treat rather than make them wait for a 3/4 set.

7 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I actually saw the Courteeners at Benicassim in 2013 whilst being with their bassist. Met him whilst mangled the night before, he got really chummy with a girl in our group and ended up getting twatted and missing the start time for their set.

So they’re unprofessional as well as shite?

On 3/3/2020 at 9:46 PM, The Martini Police said:

So when you said 'this is a rumours festival' you were referring to efestivals, not Glastonbury? And now you're shortening 'efestivals' to 'festivals'. Got it. 

It probably put festival in by auto correct rather than efestivals. Either way though it was in reference to a festival forum.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

So they’re unprofessional as well as shite?

I would rather pay £20 to see Hugh Jass scrap it out with Liam Fray than any of those Youtube gobshites any day of the week

Now that it looks like Royal Blood aren’t headlining the Other stage, could the three headliners actually be Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris and Pet Shop Boys? We seemed to rule out Calvin Harris pretty quickly after the Dua Lipa info but I wonder if it could end up being those three. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Now that it looks like Royal Blood aren’t headlining the Other stage, could the three headliners actually be Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris and Pet Shop Boys? We seemed to rule out Calvin Harris pretty quickly after the Dua Lipa info but I wonder if it could end up being those three. 

Why Royal Blood is not headlining Other? What it was said here it's that they are not playing Friday, but nothing else :) it's unclear for now. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

For a year that has two very non-guitar lead Pyramid headliners, those are three very non-guitar lead Other headliners as well. If Royal Blood are out, surely Biffy are still a possibility? Still noticeably absent from any festivals.

Could Royal Blood not be John Peel Headliners like The Streets headlining it last year - they are both playing this year's Victorious so similar in size perhaps. Royal Blood also seem to be taking smaller festival slots such as playing the likes of Y Not. I don't think its entirely unrealistic 

5 minutes ago, Guy M said:

Could Royal Blood not be John Peel Headliners like The Streets headlining it last year - they are both playing this year's Victorious so similar in size perhaps. Royal Blood also seem to be taking smaller festival slots such as playing the likes of Y Not. I don't think its entirely unrealistic 

It's not crazy compared to the Streets but that's because putting The Streets in there was a bad decision. Far too overcrowded and many had a bad experience being stuck outside a result. Both too big for it, doubt they'll repeat that mistake. 

On the flip side, the headliners on the Pyramid and Other that night were less popular than what we're getting and expecting (respectively) but I still think it would be a rash move, especially as Royal Blood would almost certainly be the top rock act that night.

21 minutes ago, Guy M said:

Would RB be considered to big to play JP now even as a headliner?

i did catch them at Leeds last year 3rd down and they were very enjoyable 

Edited by YourMonkeyWrench

23 minutes ago, Guy M said:

I really cannot see them playing any lower that sub in Other/Pyramid with potential of being Other headliners. They are very big now. They are even headlining Mad Cool.

Hard to place Royal Blood. I'm quite out of touch when it comes to how popular acts are, but will they be any bigger than when they were 3rd down in 2017? I assume the new album will be much of the same, are there signs of it pushing them further into the mainstream? They're definitely far too big for the JPT but Other sub seems about right? Especially if there are other big names in the mix. Seems like they're oversaturating themselves somewhat and I'm really not sure this 3rd album is going to make them any more popular. Would definitely be a small Other headliner in my opinion, though genre wise would be a good fit opposite Taylor assuming they're ruled out of Friday as mentioned before.

26 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I could see Royal Blood being on the Other at the same time as Taylor

Dua Lipa seems like a good booking for the Saturday

Have Foals been ruled out headlining the other on the Friday? I could see it being them against Kendrick

Only available on Sunday

2 hours ago, YourMonkeyWrench said:

i did catch them at Leeds last year 3rd down and they were very enjoyable 

Pretty sure they subbed:

The Wombats -> Royal Blood -> The 1975

But yeah, they were really good, was a nice run of acts aswell.

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Pretty sure they subbed:

The Wombats -> Royal Blood -> The 1975

But yeah, they were really good, was a nice run of acts aswell.

yes you are right, they did sub. I maybe had one to many ciders that day.

we saw bowling for soup rather than 1975. BFS at the farm would be a lovely surprise

Edited by YourMonkeyWrench

I remember seeing that 'leak' that said QOTSA headlining the other, and now all i can think about is RB > QOTSA on the other (yes i know this is fantasy) with Mike Kerr coming back out for crucifire

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Caught them a couple years back at a London all-dayer, backed by RTJ, Iggy Pop and The Hives.

Organisation was a catastrophe, it was baking and the World Cup meant no bar staff showed up, but QOTSA played a blinder. Rare outing for ‘In The Fade’ made me extremely happy.

Yeah that was an incredible set. Imagine how great that day would have been without the poor organisation? I was pretty disappointed that I was still mostly sober when they played; I wanted to be drunk and rocking the fuck out tbh

20 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Caught them a couple years back at a London all-dayer, backed by RTJ, Iggy Pop and The Hives.

Organisation was a catastrophe, it was baking and the World Cup meant no bar staff showed up, but QOTSA played a blinder. Rare outing for ‘In The Fade’ made me extremely happy.

That version of Make it wit Chu that day was brilliant too. 

The Other Stage slot is still my favourite time I've seen them though, would be there anytime they return to the farm.