Other Stage 2020

Matt42

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Guessworks puts her on Saturday night.

No way she’ll be up against Taylor - and I’d say the Pet Shop Boys won’t either - plus Saturday is, typically, for dancin’.

The intel I got (disputed by many 😉) that Calvin Harris was now far less likely to be taking the Saturday slot we had all assumed, and info that Dua is lined up, looks a 1:1 swap as the dance/pop headliner.

There’s a small question mark over a clash with Charli XCX doing Saturday in the John Peel. But otherwise it makes sense.

The info we've had is that Pet Shop Boys were specifically on Sunday, and the person who gave us that said he'd be worried if his source didn't know when/where they were playing.

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Did someone have intel saying Foals, Royal Blood, Biffy et al could only do certain days?

That’s got lost in the shuffle. But are any of the remaining rock lads ruled out for Friday or Sunday?

Foals can only play Sunday but their drummer said they haven't been booked for this year and with the lack of info on them they seem very unlikely now. I think the Royal Blood info has them for Friday, no idea on Biffy. 

Pet Shop Boys on Friday and Royal Blood on Sunday probably makes more sense as alternatives to the Pyramid headliners but the info suggests it'll be the other way round.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Foals can only play Sunday but their drummer said they haven't been booked for this year and with the lack of info on them they seem very unlikely now. I think the Royal Blood info has them for Friday, no idea on Biffy. 

Pet Shop Boys on Friday and Royal Blood on Sunday probably makes more sense as alternatives to the Pyramid headliners but the info suggests it'll be the other way round.

Royal Blood/Kendrick clash would hurt me

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Kendrick is a young act and so is Dua Lipa, and likely to share some of the same audience.

My bet is the act against Kendrick will be an act that doesn't really share the same audience.

If two of the Other headliners are Dua/PSB then it seems unthinkable that the third won’t be a guitar band of some sort. Makes absolute sense that they’d be against Kendrick.

Edited by Hugh Jass

17 hours ago, sisco said:

Because I think they’ll have a huge crossover.

for me:

Kendrick, Dua and Editors headlining 3 of the stages separates the crowd nicely

Macca, Charlie and Calvin the same

But all personal opinion hey. 

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If she's really headlining Other it's got to be Saturday. It's the only day which makes sense.

Will sisco, she's a young act but I don't see that big a crossover with Kendrick, whereas Charli XCX is undeniable. Friday fits like a glove and there is nothing stopping Calvin being there Friday and Saturday.

18 minutes ago, CJL9494 said:

Why not Friday?

Because you really wouldnt  want to have 2 current/modern acts like that with new music going against each other. Having a greater style clash is usually the course  for Other vs Pyramid headliners. Not everyone is going to see Macca  on Saturday and a pop headliner on Other is a great alternative. Even before the Dua news came up, the Calvin Harris rumor would have held up just as well for the same slot. 

Edited by Suprefan

24 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I feel like this isn't getting the attention it deserves.. 

I kinda think it's getting more attention that it deserves.

One person with no track record says Sunday, whereas logic and the tour dates (including a recently added warm up show) would suggest Friday is more likely.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Well, her ‘Pyramid sized’ comment, which implies they’ve approached the booking of the OS headliners differently.

I see what you mean. A lot has been attached to that comment though when I think it just means ‘good sized Pyramid headliners’. She definitely makes sense against Macca though it’s another one that will have people going ‘Pyramid sized Headliner? Really?’