Other Stage 2020

Matt42

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

The Chems?

Their significantly greater mainstream appeal rules that out...

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:And Theyve played in the daytime before. All Points West in 2008, they went on before Radiohead and it was nice and bright.

playing a handsomely paid US gig is a totally different ball park to playing in the UK. And they’re a very different band to the one that was falling apart and didn’t really care in 2008.  They even went on last at Latitude last year, even though they weren’t headlining. No chance.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:47 PM, kingbadger said:

Agreed, in my follow up post I did mention that at least Calvin Harris could be considered 'Pyramid headliner level' its just that he's not the sort of act they'll have take that slot. But the other 2 are pretty standard Other sized headliners. I could see Calvin, PSB and an act like The Strokes definitely meeting the 'Pyramid headliner level' criteria. One is a standard sized Other headliner, one is a hugely popular commercial act whose big enough to headline the Pyramid but their act doesn't quite fit and lastly an established international headline band who would easily be able to headline the Pyramid in a normal year.

Nahhhh calvin harris is not pyramid level. He isnt edgy enough like chemicals are; he's too mainstream. I know so is taylor but tbh i have no idea why she's playing except to keep that gender ratio as equal as possible

• Downvote 10

4 hours ago, Isaac LK said:

Nahhhh calvin harris is not pyramid level. He isnt edgy enough like chemicals are; he's too mainstream. I know so is taylor but tbh i have no idea why she's playing except to keep that gender ratio as equal as possible

Why would being ‘too mainstream’ and not ‘edgy enough like chemicals are’ be an argument against him being a Pyramid headliner?

And GTFO with that gender ratio shit. She’s more than qualified for the role.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Isaac LK said:

Surely that makes Harris more of a Pyramid headliner?

And like her or not (I don’t), Swift is a Pyramid headliner too. A big one.

9 hours ago, Isaac LK said:

Capture.JPG

Was thinking about this again today, still think they've got something up their sleeve for this.

I still think it's pretty likely only 1 out of 3 is bigger than usual but there must be something extra special about at least one of the headliners this year. It was such a strangely specific comment for Emily to make, unprompted. 

I dunno, I might be wrong but I've got a feeling we're going to get a surprise related to this on poster day.  

EDIT - I also wonder if the lack of any strong rumours related to who it might be could be tied to if being a US act (Neil has mentioned before this usually contributes to a lack of leaked info). I've got a sneaky feeling it could still be RATM, MCR or The Strokes.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

18 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Was thinking about this again today, still think they've got something up their sleeve for this.

I still think it's pretty likely only 1 out of 3 is bigger than usual but there must be something extra special about at least one of the headliners this year. It was such a strangely specific comment for Emily to make, unprompted. 

I dunno, I might be wrong but I've got a feeling we're going to get a surprise related to this on poster day.  

EDIT - I also wonder if the lack of any strong rumours related to who it might be could be tied to if being a US act (Neil has mentioned before this usually contributes to a lack of leaked info). I've got a sneaky feeling it could still be RATM, MCR or The Strokes.

Agree with you.

Strokes I reckon judging by the tour dates

20 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If it was ratm it will be the first time the reading have shared a headliner with Glastonbury

24 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I thought it was Royal Blood, Calvin Harris and Pet Shop Boys and we'd dusted our hands already?

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I thought it was Royal Blood, Calvin Harris and Pet Shop Boys and we'd dusted our hands already?

Yeah but I dunno, it still doesn't sit quite right. 

I'd argue that Royal Blood are still not quite at "amazing/Pyramid headliner" level as described. PSB are standard Other headliner level. Calvin Harris fits the bill better than the rest but, is he really the kinda act Emily would wax lyrical about? I dunno, like I say I could be wrong but I still think there's something else in this. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles