Other Stage 2020

Matt42

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Royal Blood, Calvin Harris and Pet Shop Boys is quite a strong trio, though I won’t go and see any of them. Not great news for those of us hoping for The National or Foals though.

I actually think the National are back subbing the pyramid. I reckon they are subbing Taylor to give the pop fans a wee break.

56 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

I saw Calvin Harris live couple years back and he really does put on a "show" - we had a fantastic time and I think it would go down really well at Glasto - strong booking if he does indeed headline Other. 

Hmmmm ok, maybe I'm being overly pessimistic. I do like his tunes (that one about The Summer was in my head for ages a few years back) so if he does know how to put on a show then fair do's. 

I can't imagine it will tempt too many of my lot though... I'm not so fussed about Maca, and really want something amazing enough on another stage that at least a few of my crew will come with me to! Although I have almost resigned myself to the (very) drunken Hey Jude singalong....

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They subbed two festivals ago and stank. They won’t be back subbing again, especially before Swift, it would be another Beck.

Foals subbed the pyramid and stank and they came back. Loads of bands play and suck and come back.

:P 

Edited by Matt42

25 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Royal Blood/Calvin/PSB is strong and also seems realistic considering everything we've got. Would need a fairly strong indie/guitar band in the JP to move some people around though. 

Personally I think PSB/Taylor would share more fans than any of the others, but they'd be a great closing act. 

PSB and Taylor clashing it's a mistake. The National/Srokes/Biffy would make much more sense. 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Massive Attack news is a shiter. Won't be the last though, this is when the line up hits keep coming. 

Just you wait until The National are ruled out of the exact same slot they played 2 festivals ago, people will lose their minds