Other Stage 2020

Matt42

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Looks like it'll be 2024 going by this interview with Emily from last year, so the Chemical Brothers are in luck.

Yeah I was anticipating it being 2024, because that’s the same length between fallow years as last time. Was wondering if there was something official to suggest it’d be 2023, but doesn’t look like there is.

6 hours ago, stuie said:

There will be some kind of dance/electronic headliner on Other - there has been for at least the last 12 festivals.

2019 Chems
2017 Major Lazer
2016 Disclosure / LCD
2015 Rudimental / Deadmau5 / Chems
2014 Skrillex / Massive Attack
2013 Portishead / Chase & Status
2011 Chems
2010 PSB / Orbital
2009 Prodigy
2008 Massive Attack / Groove Armada
2007 Chems
2005 Fatboy Slim

Only while looking at that I've realised that Chemical Brothers are basically the Coldplay of Other Stage.  No one really classes them as a house band though do they?

If patterns are anything to go by looks like we're getting Massive Attack - although a far weaker pattern than Chems

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

If patterns are anything to go by looks like we're getting Massive Attack - although a far weaker pattern than Chems

Yep... and they have dates in June and July. 

I’d be happy with that!

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was indeed. I’ve somehow managed to see them two or three times.

Tbf I actually want to see them. And have probably had the chance at Glastonbury twice now? I'm never gonna pay for their own gig.

But The Chems and LCD were both so good I don't regret it. 

22 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm still holding out for a heavier alternative band...but I highly doubt it Nine Inch Nails were getting me excited but obviously that is doubtful

Delayed their tour until later this year, so maybe 2021? Although I say and hope this every year. At this point I just want them to do a tour that includes dates somewhere other than London.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Delayed their tour until later this year, so maybe 2021? Although I say and hope this every year. At this point I just want them to do a tour that includes dates somewhere other than London.

2021 would be nice (as long as I'm blessed with a ticket) I'm also hoping for Elton John next year so I should stop now before I get too 😂

I would love them to turn up somewhere random like the Eden Sessions, would be there in a heartbeat.