Other Stage 2020

Matt42

24 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So this was in the current issue of Revolver. I mean, if we wanted a curveball, this seems to hit it right on the money.

69CBA614-C36B-4AB3-99B4-6C14637597E4.jpeg

They were booked for Primavera and apparently APE next year but cancelled their tour sadly. They’d make a great Other stage headliner for 2021 though.

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I still think Pet Shop Boys will be headlining Other stage. They are headlining some festivals round Europe, selling out their arena tour and one of the biggest selling British acts of the last 40 years. Any lower than other headliner just would not make sense.

I kind of see them against Kendrick. 

Would make sense them on Friday / 1975 sat / Foals Sunday

On 12/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, Madyaker said:

Just listened to a few of Dua Lipa’s top tracks on Spotify and she’d be the most interesting of the three. Only other headliner I ever watched is lcd soundsystem. 

It's a crazy idea for her to be Other stage, I'm not having that and saying Pyramid, the field would be crazy whether against Macca or not. 

Kendrick, Billie, LDR

Foals

Macca, Noel, Ellie Goulding, Aerosmith

The 1975

Swift, Dua Lipa, CATBM, Diana Ross

Pet Shop Boys

Other Saturday and Sunday could swap.

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If kosher, Billie Eilish being back is news we love to hear.

Pyramid sub before Kendrick all day long.

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Apex Twin's personal chef. Obviously.

I’ve just read back.... personally thought there was no chance she’d play this year.  If she is then surely she’s subbing.  

The 1975 opposite Macca makes sense. 

Aerosmith anywhere on the Saturday barring clashing with Macca (I doubt that’ll happen)  would be amazing.

Sorry I didn’t ask more questions, it was my birthday yesterday & we were all Cato’d.

Spoke to the guy this morning, he works for Dirty Hit, young kid but when I pushed him on The 1975 playing thing he refused to say yes but was Jan Hammerred enough to slap his hands on the table, put his head in his hands & said he couldn’t say yes, but nodded. I didn’t want to push further as we were having a good night.

Make of that what you will. He represents this artist at the moment...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beabadoobee

He seemed to warm to me when I said I saw Pale Waves at Sziget as they are the same label.

There will potentially be a Dirty Hit festival in Manchester & also want to do one in Birmingham. I asked if this would be like a Parklife fest (only one day fest I know there) & he said no it’s just the acts on that label which I didn’t realise who they were. I presumed The 1975 were signed to Sony, Universal or someone massive.

The guy who cheffed for Aphex Twin was also legit. There were lots of music journo roadies types staying at my hotel in Bristol last night for some reason, it was interesting to hear their stories, which I hope are true, whilst getting a free lamb dinner & sinking some beers over cards (before going out & being sick everywhere).

97336FED-E654-44AE-9DC9-EA6D2B5DA244.jpeg