Other Stage 2020

Matt42

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I thought they’d be up against Macca too but as @Neondrift says they’re playing a festival in Switzerland that day. That Dublin date seems strange if they’re not playing but as you say, they’d be a strange choice to put up against Kendrick.

Ah, apologies for not reading your post properly @Neondrift.

In that case, I would guess unless they took an Other sub slot on Fri/Sun, we won't see them at Glastonbury.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Ok then - in Scotland, which is close enough, they're subbing Liam Gallagher. At a festival where Courtneers are headlining one of the days.

Scotland is closer but different all the same. There have been a number of times where Glastonbury headliners have played below headline in Scotland on the same tour. Much like Courteeners wouldn't be placed above Foals at Glastonbury; nobody is predicting Foals to play third down the Other after all.

I know it didn't happen but I don't see why people boosting the idea of Foals headlining (not as a first-choice, it was mostly agreed) are still being kicked and labelled as delusional when the band had headlined Reading three years prior and fostered close ties with this festival.

Watched 1975’s on the Pyramid maybe 2014, in the sunshine, i thought it was a good gig, only knew 2 songs then, more now, I liked it in the sun to be fair, Chocolate is a good sunny vibe, on stage he acted a bit rebellious.

If they do play and Taylor Swift does too, that could dictate the day the 1975s play or even dictate whether they play Other stage or Pyramid, as they were rumoured to be dating at one point, and he said something about her in the press, that made them fall out, if I remember correctly.

Edited by waynewdk

6 hours ago, waynewdk said:

Watched 1975’s on the Pyramid maybe 2014, in the sunshine, i thought it was a good gig, only knew 2 songs then, more now, I liked it in the sun to be fair, Chocolate is a good sunny vibe, on stage he acted a bit rebellious.

If they do play and Taylor Swift does too, that could dictate the day the 1975s play or even dictate whether they play Other stage or Pyramid, as they were rumoured to be dating at one point, and he said something about her in the press, that made them fall out, if I remember correctly.

I thought I read somewhere that Matty said he would love to do an acoustic song with her? No way they would sub her is there? Nah still reckon they are Other headliner...if somehow we get The 1975, Twenty One Pilots and Noel Gallagher on the line up I will be very happy!

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Out of interest why do we think Noel would refuse to sub Taylor?

I just can't see him agreeing to do it personally. He's a lot different to the Noel of old but I think if he's agreeing to play, it's headlining Other Sunday or subbing McCartney

20 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I just can't see him agreeing to do it personally. He's a lot different to the Noel of old but I think if he's agreeing to play, it's headlining Other Sunday or subbing McCartney

Defo think it's Saturday, wouldn't even be surprised by an opening Pyramid slot leaving him the rest of the show to party.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:41 PM, dentalplan said:

Scotland is closer but different all the same. There have been a number of times where Glastonbury headliners have played below headline in Scotland on the same tour. Much like Courteeners wouldn't be placed above Foals at Glastonbury; nobody is predicting Foals to play third down the Other after all.

I know it didn't happen but I don't see why people boosting the idea of Foals headlining (not as a first-choice, it was mostly agreed) are still being kicked and labelled as delusional when the band had headlined Reading three years prior and fostered close ties with this festival.

@incident - thanks for your factual points about the positioning of Foals at TRNSMT.  Despite a lack of big tunes - I would argue My Number from 7 years ago was their last one - Foals perhaps have some kind of hyper local popularity specific to the English south west.  I don't think this can or should translate to headlining a stage at Glastonbury.  I think The Courteneers are mince but would grudgingly accept that they are popular enough to play stadiums in the north of England and headline TRNSMT in Scotland.  Foals would not be popular enough to do this.

Edited by Johndenis

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

Someone is claiming in that Glasto Chat thing on FB that The Libertines self confirmed for Glastonbury on stage in Birmingham last night. Not sure if it's already been mentioned or if there's any truth to it

The guy who posted it is, based on his other posts in the group, full of shit, so I wouldn't have much faith.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:41 PM, dentalplan said:

Scotland is closer but different all the same. There have been a number of times where Glastonbury headliners have played below headline in Scotland on the same tour.

When Beyonce subbed Coldplay, TitP got a very good line up that year.

0752279C-6ABF-487B-A96B-CE2818B04EE5.jpeg
& the rest were headlining R&L if I recall.

Edited by Bisque

34 minutes ago, Bisque said:

When Beyonce subbed Coldplay, TitP got a very good line up that year.

0752279C-6ABF-487B-A96B-CE2818B04EE5.jpeg
& the rest were headlining R&L if I recall.

Insane lineup, TITP's buying power was nuts. Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Beyonce, Slash, Kesha, Foo Fighters, MCR(at the time), Swedish House Mafia, The Stokes etc etc etc, nuts

Edit: this is actually a crazy lineup,  Pendulum, Jimmy Eat World, Bruno Mars (lol at where he's billed) Dead Mau5, Calvin Harris (tho doesn't count cuz he's Scottish), Tame Impala who are barely a footnote, Brandon Flowers, Primal Scream, what the actual fuck.

Edited by MaxPower
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, superhands91 said:

“Friday” headliners 

My Chemical Romance and somebody else. Was thought to be The Strokes but apparently its wrong despite the Insta post from HAIM.

I thought everyone was going to place the 1975 opposite macca, since its the most ideal counterprogramming. Would be very tough to have them against taylor or kendrick. But if they subbed taylor, then HAIM is below diana ross on sunday or is a sub on friday? Or maybe 3rd down from aerosmith if they end up as a sub for macca? with gwen stefani looking more and more likely, that makes it very crowded now for highly known names to be on pyramid or other and how theyre placed.

4 hours ago, mufcok said:

Someone is claiming in that Glasto Chat thing on FB that The Libertines self confirmed for Glastonbury on stage in Birmingham last night. Not sure if it's already been mentioned or if there's any truth to it

I was at the gig last night and I didn’t catch them self confirming for Glastonbury.... 

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Calvin Harris (tho doesn't count cuz he's Scottish)

He was going through that phase from playing live & singing to becoming a superstar DJ producer.

Cracking line up, shame it was in Scotland.

I think it all went a bit V festival/tits up after that year.