Jump to content
Matt42

Other Stage 2020

Recommended Posts

I'd watch Dia Lipa ahead of Paul McCartney, fairly sure Don't Start Now is better than anything The Beatles churned out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dua Lipa (while I don’t think it will be her)

if it's not her you need to come up with the name of the female you think it is instead ? (cos one of the Other headliners is very likely to be female).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eFestivals said:

if it's not her you need to come up with the name of the female you think it is instead ? (cos one of the Other headliners is very likely to be female).

Is that on some authority you’ve heard? I guess if you know one headliner is female then it probably is her.

I think she’s totally getting shafted in that spot. She’s so suited to a pyramid slot. I guess they probably are eyeing her up to headline in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't she say "kind of Pyramid-level"? That description works for all 3 in different ways:

1975 - big enough, would have headlined in a weaker year

Dua Lipa - massive name, seems to be everywhere you look, has streaming numbers to rival the biggest acts on the planet right now (more monthly listeners than Swift etc)

Noel - one of the biggest names in British music, has headlined multiple times with Oasis, playing many of the songs he still plays now. Headlines smaller (but decent-sized) festivals in current form.

So yes, they kind of are all that size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly @The Martini Police 

Dua is probably on the cusp of becoming even bigger than she already is. Her streaming numbers are crazy.

This time next year we will be predicting when she will come back and headline the pyramid. 
 

It’s the calm before the storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Is that on some authority you’ve heard? I guess if you know one headliner is female then it probably is her.

Emily can't bang on about better female representation and not have one of the Other headliners as female.

It's nailed on that (at least) one will be female.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Emily can't bang on about better female representation and not have one of the Other headliners as female.

It's nailed on that (at least) one will be female.

Specifically the Other stage headliner though? They could for example have a female headliner, legend and 2 or 3 Pyramid subs. Don't think she'll be worried about the Other stage headliners specifically if that's the case. How far do you stretch this logic? JP, Park and West Holts too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The 1975 against Kendrick just seems wrong to me. I thought they would make more sense up against Macca.

I also don’t believe that Dua is headlining the other stage.

This would make it for me:

Kendrick - The Prodigy

Macca - The 1975

Taylor - Foals

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Specifically the Other stage headliner though? They could for example have a female headliner, legend and 2 or 3 Pyramid subs.

They could have all that AND the Other headliner.

And given Emily's aims i can't see there not being at least one female headliner for each of the major stages, if there's the acts available to do that.

 

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Don't think she'll be worried about the Other stage headliners specifically if that's the case. How far do you stretch this logic? JP, Park and West Holts too?

Yep - or at least, as much of it as can be done. It's what happened this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

This would make it for me:

Kendrick - The Prodigy

Macca - The 1975

Taylor - Foals

:)

Aerosmith > 1975 > Macca is one of the biggest set ups. That would legit be insane. 

 

 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

They could have all that AND the Other headliner.

And given Emily's aims i can't see there not being at least one female headliner for each of the major stages, if there's the acts available to do that.

 

Yep - or at least, as much of it as can be done. It's what happened this year.

I see this as well, along with at least 1 of the Other subheadliners being Wolf Alice and 1 of the sub headliners of the Pyramid being Lana. 

Would look very good on paper and to champion what they've been talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If foals don’t even end up on the lineup after all this. Wow lol.

Be a real shame, they are amazing live. I wasn't there but the park last year, sounded crazy for the foals set. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

Be a real shame, they are amazing live. I wasn't there but the park last year, sounded crazy for the foals set. 

Barry, give it up treacle

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

This would make it for me:

Kendrick - The Prodigy

Macca - The 1975

Taylor - Foals

:)

That Friday clash is the stuff of nightmares and if it comes true I will hold you personally responsible. I'm having a crisis just thinking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the swift foals clash happens....that's a pretty easy choice if you aren't a teenager that goes to the capital FM jingle bell ball

Edited by Barry Trotter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LGH said:

That Friday clash is the stuff of nightmares and if it comes true I will hold you personally responsible. I'm having a crisis just thinking about it.

I would be in the same situation, don't worry haha. In that case I would go for Kendrick as I already saw The Prodigy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

If the swift foals clash happens....that's a pretty easy choice if you aren't a teenager that goes to the capital FM jingle bell ball

Yep.

I'll be checking out West Holts or The Park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

If the swift foals clash happens....that's a pretty easy choice if you aren't a teenager that goes to the capital FM jingle bell ball

I am not a teenager and don't go to any balls. I would go to watch Taylor Swift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StevieGed said:

Tough night for Dua Lipa up against Macca if true. Very strange as I wouldn’t think she was even in with a shout to headline the Other.

Entirely possible I'd be at Dua rather than Macca. Good old boogie to some pop bangers on a Saturday night...what's not to love?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

If the swift foals clash happens....that's a pretty easy choice if you aren't a teenager that goes to the capital FM jingle bell ball

Neither are ones I'm fussed about seeing, but given the choice I'd drag my non-teenager ass to Swift all day long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

if it's not her you need to come up with the name of the female you think it is instead ? (cos one of the Other headliners is very likely to be female).

Wolf Alice? Not sure how popular they are though.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...