Other Stage 2020

Matt42

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Roskilde. It was a pretty good show; I'm not too familiar with his solo work but it's definitely better than Liam's. Only problem was it clashed with Janelle Monae, but my friends didn't want to see her ?

How long has Denmark been in the UK? If you had read my previous posts you would see I was clearly talking about the UK.

11 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I bet he does. I bet he’s wondering why he hasn’t already been asked. No way he’s not looked at some recent headliners and gone to himself no way they are bigger or better than me.

you've said things like this several times, and referred to his supposed ego multiple times for only wanting Pyramid headliner, yet he headlines FAR smaller festivals all over the UK, and plays well down the bill at festivals outside the UK, and even plays support for the likes of Smashing Pumpkins on their US tour.

Those are not the actions of someone who thinks they're Pyramid headliner level (or their well switched-on management team).

All these things that he supposedly thinks are figments of your imagination, as I'm pretty sure you're neither actually Noel Gallagher, nor have some physic intuition and can read his mind.

EF2018_A3_3rdLineUp_STAGE_Splits_Digital

this_is_tomorrow_festival-5524945182.jpg

324e31a99c3c1dfff1b02254a2c868ef-rimg-w5

Screenshot_20180606-163657_png_185x500_q

0_Bingley-Music-Live-line-upPNG.png

MadCoolPosterNew.jpg

Roskilde-1553694237-640x906.jpeg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

With you on that. Youth and young manhood was a fucking cracking album. 

Just had a look at a few of their recent set lists as I'm of the same mind as you and @FuzzyDunlop, definitely not for me. Don't recognise about 75% of the tracks. 

4 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

you've said things like this several times, and referred to his supposed ego multiple times for only wanting Pyramid headliner, yet he headlines FAR smaller festivals all over the UK, and plays well down the bill at festivals outside the UK, and even plays support for the likes of Smashing Pumpkins on their US tour.

Those are not the actions of someone who thinks they're Pyramid headliner level (or their well switched-on management team).

All these things that he supposedly thinks are figments of your imagination, as I'm pretty sure you're neither actually Noel Gallagher, nor have some physic intuition and can read his mind.

EF2018_A3_3rdLineUp_STAGE_Splits_Digital

this_is_tomorrow_festival-5524945182.jpg

324e31a99c3c1dfff1b02254a2c868ef-rimg-w5

Screenshot_20180606-163657_png_185x500_q

0_Bingley-Music-Live-line-upPNG.png

MadCoolPosterNew.jpg

Roskilde-1553694237-640x906.jpeg

He’s headlined every one of them in the U.K there hasn’t he? 

Obviously I have no idea what he is thinking it was an assumption.

Not going to quote @ghostdancer1’s entire post but that is a cracking use of posters and actual facts to disprove a widely held falsehood about NG.

When he played the Palladium this year he was joking on stage about playing “fifth down some fucking Swedish festival”. He doesn’t come across as someone who thinks they have a divine right to play high up these days.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not going to quote @ghostdancer1’s entire post but that is a cracking use of posters and actual facts to disprove a widely held falsehood about NG.

When he played the Palladium this year he was joking on stage about playing “fifth down some fucking Swedish festival”. He doesn’t come across as someone who thinks they have a divine right to play high up these days.

But in the UK he hasn’t played below headline at a festival since about 2012. You could argue that his sticking to headlining smaller events and avoiding things like Glastonbury where he wouldn’t headline is down to his interest in being the main attraction.

(He supported U2 at Twickenham and probably the Stones somewhere, I know)

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But in the UK he hasn’t played below headline at a festival since about 2012. You could argue that his sticking to headlining smaller events and avoiding things like Glastonbury where he wouldn’t headline is down to his interest in being the main attraction.

(He supported U2 at Twickenham and probably the Stones somewhere, I know)

At Rock Werchter a couple of years back he was 3rd down I think. I know it's outside the UK but it's a big European festival with a lot of English attendees and acts. Think there's more evidence he doesn't expect to headline major festivals than evidence he does

Edited by strummer77

59 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I honestly think he'd be a pretty meh Other Headliner, have seen him (Rock Wertcher 2018) and didn't make much of it.  I would understand him being oposite someone like Kendrick though. I still think him sub headlining would be the best spot for him.

Should have watched NIN instead mate. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

Well what is the evidence he expects to headline major festivals? Because I don’t see any.

Anyway just been announced he’s headlining this Bristol gig so practically nailed on for Glastonbury judging by previous years. So we’ll soon see who is right?

3B7C4677-8B39-4D24-8E43-77964DC9DE3A.jpeg

If he plays then he’s not headlining, and I believe he’s playing, so I’m not sure how I’d be wrong there.

I was just pointing out to those who say he’s not fussy about where he plays because he headlines smaller UK events and takes support slots at international fests that that is the exact reason he’s fussy about where he plays; he’s only been headlining in the UK since 2012.