Other Stage 2020

Matt42

4 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Royal Blood don’t look like Friday Unless something changes (wont say why but believe Neil has the same info)

Biffy Clyro headlining Friday, playing against LDR but Fatboy Slim does a closing set, or the same on Sunday with Royal Blood as the optional band too.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Really struggling to pull together a string of other subs. Reckon some are tba or being held back.

Fatboy Slim // ???

Dua Lipa // ???

Pet Shop Boys // AJ Tracey

Reckon Royal Blood could squeeze in. 

Did we get somewhere that PSB are Sunday? Was hoping to see them Friday night. 

5 hours ago, gfa said:

George Ezra. Was a great night the whole crowd changed pretty much between them as they are so different but both did fun sets - the closing set idea should definitely become more common I think, IOW have it again this year with chems (a bigger act too so i guess they deemed it a success!) 

I was there and enjoyed both too. IOW have done that for a few years now and I do like the format. 

Love some of the arguments here that Fatboy Slim needs a 'rock band'' on before or 'special guests'  on with him to justify his appearance.

He's headlining.  I know we're used to seeing him at Glastonbury, but he's still huge.  He'll draw the biggest headline crowd of the weekend to that stage, and has sold out the likes of the O2 in recent years, so he has the show side of it sorted.

I don't know if I'll be there - as much as I've loved him in the past, his forays into EDM are not my cuppa - but I'm sure I'd have a laugh if I did.

Edited by fatyeti24

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Love some of the arguments here that Fatboy Slim needs a 'rock band'' on before or 'special guests'  on with him to justify his appearance.

He's headlining.  I know we're used to seeing him at Glastonbury, but he's still huge.  He'll draw the biggest headline crowd of the weekend to that stage, and has sold out the likes of the O2 in recent years, so he has the show side of it sorted.

I don't know if I'll be there - as much as I've loved him in the past, his forays into EDM are not my cuppa - but I'm sure I'd have a laugh if I did.

Yeah we’ve all seen how near impossible it is to get near one of his many sets across the weekend when he plays on one of the late night stages so i don’t think he’ll have any problem pulling a crowd of people looking for a good time dance and rave. Do get the inkling that there was possibly a late pull out which lead to him getting that slot, but you won’t be able to tell from the crowd he gets. 

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah we’ve all seen how near impossible it is to get near one of his many sets across the weekend when he plays on one of the late night stages so i don’t think he’ll have any problem pulling a crowd of people looking for a good time dance and rave. Do get the inkling that there was possibly a late pull out which lead to him getting that slot, but you won’t be able to tell from the crowd he gets. 

Everyone last year called for him to be on the Other stage due to the ridiculous crowds at The Glade, they massive underbooked him and the previous time he was actually subbing the JP, I dare say he could have headline directing but maybe wanted to see an act that night.