Other Stage 2020

Matt42

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

didn't he headline Other once before? I've got a memory of sparkly-effect-glasses being handed out as part of it.

I watched that on the telly. He had been given out 3-d geps for the show. They tried to recreate it on tv to limited success.

Kraftwerk ain't got owt on Norman....

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Reckon Fatboy could draw a big crowd if up against Kenny

Yeah, in all honesty it might not be 'pyramid sized' but its the perfect opposite with Editors in the JP tent for those that want a more indie/rock night.

Unsure who I'm gonna be seeing to be honest. I can see FBS being special. 

Would be nice if Fatboy was closing after a big rock act on the Friday, despite all its faults the Other is bloody beautiful with a good sunset. 

Would be a sideways move, but Royal Blood to play underneath FBS? Would perfectly counter Lana Del Rey and just sticking them 3rd down Pyramid again would be uninspiring

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was wondering if it was a situation you see at other festivals where a dance act plays after a decent sized band. IOW and Latitude have done it in recent years.

It wouldn’t exactly set the pulses racing but something like Snow Patrol with Fatboy straight afterwards would fit.

I think you are maybe on the right track there ...  was just thinking the same.  I remember watching a bit of IOW on TV last year and I think Fatboy did a set after the headliner one night.  It was after either Biffy or George Ezra.

He gets to do his Other  Stage “headline” set but a rock band also headlines as well - that would work well I think?

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Unless there’s still a few surprises still to be announced , think that’s on the cards 

Definitely - still reckon there’s a high probability of Biffy turning up - new album, touring, doing festivals

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Really struggling to pull together a string of other subs. Reckon some are tba or being held back.

Fatboy Slim // ???

Dua Lipa // ???

Pet Shop Boys // AJ Tracey

Reckon Royal Blood could squeeze in. 

AJ Tracey is Friday according to BBC.

I’m willing to bet on a decent sized name before Fatboy, perhaps Biffy, with them playing say 9.30 till 11 with Fatboy doing a set afterwards.

48 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Would be nice if Fatboy was closing after a big rock act on the Friday, despite all its faults the Other is bloody beautiful with a good sunset. 

Would be a sideways move, but Royal Blood to play underneath FBS? Would perfectly counter Lana Del Rey and just sticking them 3rd down Pyramid again would be uninspiring

Royal Blood don’t look like Friday Unless something changes (wont say why but believe Neil has the same info)

11 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Royal Blood don’t look like Friday Unless something changes (wont say why but believe Neil has the same info)

This still on yeah? Was a little worried after not seeing them in this announcement but plenty of time left of course.

19 minutes ago, mttJ said:

This still on yeah? Was a little worried after not seeing them in this announcement but plenty of time left of course.

It would be v v surprising if they weren’t as the info ruling them out of Friday places them at the festival later on. And the info is sound. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Really struggling to pull together a string of other subs. Reckon some are tba or being held back.

Fatboy Slim // ???

Dua Lipa // ???

Pet Shop Boys // AJ Tracey

Reckon Royal Blood could squeeze in. 

Wolf Alice to sub Dua Lipa?

6 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Thinking about this a bit more, if he's the Sunday I can see this being a Fatboy Slim + Special Guests. Would explain the Calvin Harris rumours, Chems would likely be there, few other big DJs or vocalists. Can see this being one of the 'big surprises' 

Yeah I think you're onto something there. 

Also I get that fatboy slim has played everywhere and we've all seen him, but maybe he's ready to put on a show on the other and I think he will bring the party. Dont see how it's much different than the other dance acts that headline other.

Honestly I'm just relieved I'm not missing anyone while I'm over at the pyramid 😂

5 hours ago, circus92 said:

I think you are maybe on the right track there ...  was just thinking the same.  I remember watching a bit of IOW on TV last year and I think Fatboy did a set after the headliner one night.  It was after either Biffy or George Ezra.

He gets to do his Other  Stage “headline” set but a rock band also headlines as well - that would work well I think?

George Ezra. Was a great night the whole crowd changed pretty much between them as they are so different but both did fun sets - the closing set idea should definitely become more common I think, IOW have it again this year with chems (a bigger act too so i guess they deemed it a success!)