Other Stage 2020

Matt42

If Glastonbury does go ahead, headlining the Other stage will be Pet Shop Boys, Dua Lipa and Fatboy Slim, though their respective days have not been announced.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/12/glastonbury-defies-coronavirus-threat-to-announce-lineup-with-kendrick-lamar?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Expected much better after the comments, that’s pretty poor in my opinion. 🤒

Worse than most years I'd say. 

Fat boy should be no way near headlining a stage. I can only think its a nod to his many years of service. They know he'll pull a crowd and he'll likely be free.

Thinking about this a bit more, if he's the Sunday I can see this being a Fatboy Slim + Special Guests. Would explain the Calvin Harris rumours, Chems would likely be there, few other big DJs or vocalists. Can see this being one of the 'big surprises' 

27 minutes ago, jparx said:

Dua Lipa will smash it but weak overall headliners.

Good for me though since I’ll be at the Pyramid.

I just don't see Dua on Other.

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gutted if Dua does end up topping this, but aye, great year to not be too arsed over the OS headliners.

Yeah it's not a strong headliner set for me. Other is usually not my cup anyway but Fatboy Slim is a great decision to put there and I'd probably go, I'm expecting Friday for him.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Thinking about this a bit more, if he's the Sunday I can see this being a Fatboy Slim + Special Guests. Would explain the Calvin Harris rumours, Chems would likely be there, few other big DJs or vocalists. Can see this being one of the 'big surprises' 

FBS is such a weird booking for OS that I can only assume that something like this is true. Does he have form for guests at some of his bigger gigs? I saw his headline slot in 2010, but that was on Dance East, which actually made sense. 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I was wondering if it was a situation you see at other festivals where a dance act plays after a decent sized band. IOW and Latitude have done it in recent years.

It wouldn’t exactly set the pulses racing but something like Snow Patrol with Fatboy straight afterwards would fit.

1 minute ago, sirjonnyp said:

FBS is such a weird booking for OS that I can only assume that something like this is true. Does he have form for guests at some of his bigger gigs? I saw his headline slot in 2010, but that was on Dance East, which actually made sense. 

didn't he headline Other once before? I've got a memory of sparkly-effect-glasses being handed out as part of it.

Edited by eFestivals