Other Stage 2020

Matt42

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s nice to see our entire view of the lineup deconstructed. 

Also in my mind Sunday pyramid sub is always the worst slot of the festival, in the sense that whoever is playing “big or small” always has to deal with the worst crowd of the weekend. From what it seems Biffy are the only act I can think of that did pretty well. But I feel like whoever is playing at that point has to deal with a lot that other slots avoid. It’s usually clashes with the last wee / drink break of the festival before the grand finale. Someone like Royal Blood would fit with the type of act that they usually book for that slot. A relatively large touring band trying their best to fend off the worst of the deck chair crowd.

It's almost like some of us don't profess to knowing for sure what the line up is. 🤣

Black Keys are another one that fit your pattern though. It felt like they fell flat in that spot in 2014 not realising that they might have to put some effort in to win over neutrals in the crowd.

I'm convinced Royal Blood would give it a good go. (Edit: but wouldn't be surprised if they take a lower slot)

Edited by Tommy101

1 hour ago, incident said:

And Paul Weller, though I don't know if that's just measured against the relatively low expectations going in.

Further back (though only slightly), Leonard Cohen produced easily the performance of the weekend and one of the all time great Glastonbury performances playing second from top on the Sunday.

Weller did fine because he was playing to his crowd essentially. Can’t imagine there were many waiting for the Who with little interest in seeing him given that they’ve toured together in the past.

Vampire Weekend were just fine too.

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Didn’t Vampire Weekend go down pretty well?

Yeah their set looked great but a lot of the crowd after Miley and Kylie had left.

My point wasn’t necessarily about bands being w*nk but more about playing during an expected dip in crowd mood before the grand finale.

I reckon Royal Blood could 100% sub other. Before PSB would be cool. Does make things more interesting though.

I wonder if they’ve bagged someone quite big to sub Taylor.

Can we start talking about the possibility of Billie Eilish again?

Friday
Kendrick / Lana Del Rey / Tba (Foo Fighters)

Biffy Clyro / Wolf Alice / Blossoms

Saturday
Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher / Aerosmith

Dua Lipa / Gerry Cinnamon / Camila Cabello

Sunday

Taylor Swift / Billie Eilish / Alicia Keys / Diana Ross

Pet Shop Boys / Royal Blood / AJ Tracey

Give us something like this Eavis plzzzz

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Gerry Cinnamon clashing against Noel would seem a bit odd, very similar fan bases I would say.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can we start talking about the possibility of Billie Eilish again?

I thought she was only coming back to headline the show? 

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Gotta admire your persistence that Aerosmith aren’t the huge rock band they’ve bagged for this year.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

🤣

Foo fighters are playing the rock slot am telling ya!

14 minutes ago, stuie said:

I thought she was only coming back to headline the show? 

The most likely solution, but since we could be missing a sub and the elbow chat is total w*nk. Let’s have her!

46 minutes ago, petewilson09 said:

Gerry Cinnamon clashing against Noel would seem a bit odd, very similar fan bases I would say.

Initially thought that but didn't Liam and the Boreteeners overlap in a same position last year?

Just now, Spencer23 said:

Feel personally attacked, it was a great set 👀 🤣🤣😢

I watched it as I wanted to get a good position for Chems and finished Foals. As I’m from Bolton, local to Manchester I have seen a fair few Teeners gigs due to friends loving them and a gigs a gig. 

Was the worst I’ve seen them. No one was there as it was started when Liam Gallagher finished, atmosphere wasn’t great and his vocals werent that good nor the setlist. Chems were fucking great so that’s the main thing. 

2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I watched it as I wanted to get a good position for Chems and finished Foals. As I’m from Bolton, local to Manchester I have seen a fair few Teeners gigs due to friends loving them and a gigs a gig. 

Was the worst I’ve seen them. No one was there as it was started when Liam Gallagher finished, atmosphere wasn’t great and his vocals werent that good nor the setlist. Chems were fucking great so that’s the main thing. 

Courteeners in a smallish indoor venue put in a great show.

However put them on a big outdoor stage (without their own fans) then Liam doesn't have the voice to project it well enough.

And I do like them, yes.

I rocked up to them after Liam, they were alright. Been 5 or 6 years since I'd seen them previous so it was fun enough singing along, I did bloody love them for a while.

Bit annoyed I saw them though as I'm trying to knock them off the top of my most seen bands list so they didn't need another point there

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I seen them a ridiculous amount of times and have to say the worst time I have seen them was Glastonbury 2017 he voice was properly shot to bits couldn’t hit any note atall. So I thought Glastonbury 2019 was a vast improvement and was a lot more people there than 2017 year aswell. 

But yeah chemical brothers were incredible end of. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Are you in the Courteeners? 😀

I actually saw the Courteeners at Benicassim in 2013 whilst being with their bassist. Met him whilst mangled the night before, he got really chummy with a girl in our group and ended up getting twatted and missing the start time for their set.