Other Stage 2020

Matt42

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Where does this leave PSB? Opposite Kendrick?

Bloody well hope not!

Wasnt that how it was lining up this whole time since Kendrick and PSB were more or less locked in? The kids get the young headliner and the oldies get the legacy act, win all around.

If Royal Blood are  subbing Taylor then Haim are 3rd down and after Diana Ross? And to think people were thinking they would sub Taylor especially with that headline slot at Latitude.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

RB played third Pyramid last time and that was the week their second album came out. If we assume they’ll have new material out by the time GF rolls around then they should move up a notch or two.

Sunday Other headliner seems to make the most sense, but I wouldn’t rule out subbing Taylor.

was just coming to post this. 

I don't particularly like Royal Blood. They're fine, I just like other acts that do that thing better. All that being said, they are a helluva live act and would be a lot of fun before Taylor.

Was the info we had on PSB that they were headlining OS on the Sunday or just that they were the Sunday? Royal Blood on Other and PSB before Taylor makes the most sense to me if they’re both playing that day. Don’t see Royal Blood getting the Pyramid sub gig, especially after having done third in ‘17.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was the info we had on PSB that they were headlining OS on the Sunday or just that they were the Sunday? Royal Blood on Other and PSB before Taylor makes the most sense to me if they’re both playing that day. Don’t see Royal Blood getting the Pyramid sub gig, especially after having done third in ‘17.

Other stage Sunday night 

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Okay, stick with me here, putting on my Deduction Cap:

- PSB were originally down to headline Sunday Other, as we heard.

- Emily decided no female headliners on the Other was glaring and moved Dua Lipa to that position, but couldn't clash her with Taylor, so she's on Saturday.

- PSB rotate from Other headliner to Taylor sub, where Dua Lipa once was, but keep on the same day.

- Royal Blood take Other headline on Sunday so it's Guitars vs Glam.

Checks out?

DING.

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Okay, stick with me here, putting on my Deduction Cap:

- PSB were originally down to headline Sunday Other, as we heard.

- Emily decided no female headliners on the Other was glaring and moved Dua Lipa to that position, but couldn't clash her with Taylor, so she's on Saturday.

- PSB rotate from Other headliner to Taylor sub, where Dua Lipa once was, but keep on the same day.

- Royal Blood take Other headline on Sunday so it's Guitars vs Glam.

Checks out?

nah. My take is there will have always been a young act opposite the old gits on Saturday's Pyramid, and there will have always been a female act - right from the initial planning.  So I don't see Dua Lipa as a later arrangement.

There might have been some swapping of days if availability is an issue, but i don't think it is with those acts. So I reckon if it is those acts then the days they're on are the days they were always planned for.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Royal Blood isn't going to be another Foals situation is it? Maybe given the amount of big acts they've got this year, they're just not going to be as high up as we think.

They’re headlining a bunch of low level festivals so maybe they’re anticipating a fall in stock with album 3. Very much feels like a Foals ‘19 deal. Not sure where that would leave them though. Other sub?

It’s nice to see our entire view of the lineup deconstructed. 

Also in my mind Sunday pyramid sub is always the worst slot of the festival, in the sense that whoever is playing “big or small” always has to deal with the worst crowd of the weekend. From what it seems Biffy are the only act I can think of that did pretty well. But I feel like whoever is playing at that point has to deal with a lot that other slots avoid. It’s usually clashes with the last wee / drink break of the festival before the grand finale. Someone like Royal Blood would fit with the type of act that they usually book for that slot. A relatively large touring band trying their best to fend off the worst of the deck chair crowd.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s nice to see our entire view of the lineup deconstructed. 

Also in my mind Sunday pyramid sub is always the worst slot of the festival, in the sense that whoever is playing “big or small” always has to deal with the worst crowd of the weekend. From what it seems Biffy are the only act I can think of that did pretty well. But I feel like whoever is playing at that point has to deal with a lot that other slots avoid. It’s usually clashes with the last wee / drink break of the festival before the grand finale. Someone like Royal Blood would fit with the type of act that they usually book for that slot. A relatively large touring band trying their best to fend off the worst of the deck chair crowd.

Didn’t Vampire Weekend go down pretty well?

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Didn’t Vampire Weekend go down pretty well?

And Paul Weller, though I don't know if that's just measured against the relatively low expectations going in.

Further back (though only slightly), Leonard Cohen produced easily the performance of the weekend and one of the all time great Glastonbury performances playing second from top on the Sunday.