Other Stage 2020

Matt42

3 hours ago, sisco said:

There’s absolutely no reason for Capaldi to do a secret slot playing the same songs that he did in 2 sets last year.

The only reason he was going to be there this year and bumped up to the Pyramid was to capitalise on his recent success. 

Same goes for Stormzy and he got the Pyramid top slot.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I'll say it again: my info is that he's not playing.

What bit of 'not playing' are you struggling with?

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Is it the same source that told you Macca ain’t playing?

The same bit that's this guy has a point of and there are other examples. I understand fully what you are saying but there is enough reasons in the last couple of years to suggest sources aren't as strong as they were whether it's acts playing or not playing. Remember this is a rumours festival and however strong a lot of stuff is doesn't mean everyone has to take it as gospel before it comes to an event.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

It’s one of the lesser known benefits of being a gold member. Non-members get the less insulting ‘w*nker’, ‘idiot’ etc 

Wait?, so you got that treatment for having an opinion while actually investing your money into the website to keep it going?!

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Wait?, so you got that treatment for having an opinion while actually investing your money into the website to keep it going?!

If I thought he was being malicious then perhaps I’d go back to the adverts - I know others have gone down that route, but it’s cool

11 hours ago, henry bear said:

If I thought he was being malicious then perhaps I’d go back to the adverts - I know others have gone down that route, but it’s cool

That's fair enough on your part. Would not chuck my money at something run by that sort of ego. It's festivals, not Oasis!

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Same goes for Stormzy and he got the Pyramid top slot.

The same bit that's this guy has a point of and there are other examples. I understand fully what you are saying but there is enough reasons in the last couple of years to suggest sources aren't as strong as they were whether it's acts playing or not playing. Remember this is a rumours festival and however strong a lot of stuff is doesn't mean everyone has to take it as gospel before it comes to an event.

I thought it was a music festival

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

only if all sources are the same, and only if I present everything I hear in the same way. 

So he has no point, and nor do you.

The thing is here I don't think your wrong for posting something you believe, but everyone from the recent cases is entitled whether to believe it or not. Being an efestivals user doesn't mean our minds are controlled but being an efestivals operator certainly puts an ego higher than it needs to be.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I thought it was a music festival

Festivals isn't a music festival, it's a music festivals rumoured and then confirmed site 

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think Royal Blood are playing but I don't think they're Friday.

So that's screwed up just about everyone's predictions. :P 

(PS - no idea on stage, but presume it'd be Other).

So nice not to know everything.  Any indication if they’re a headliner (of any stage). 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think Royal Blood are playing but I don't think they're Friday.

So that's screwed up just about everyone's predictions. :P 

(PS - no idea on stage, but presume it'd be Other).

Can’t imagine them anywhere other than headlining Other and would make sense up against Swift so maybe the PSB for Sunday info is wrong (either day or stage...).

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t imagine them anywhere other than headlining Other and would make sense up against Swift so maybe the PSB for Sunday info is wrong (either day or stage...).

It's a bit crazy, but subbing Taylor?

And if I am not wrong, PSB were initially a rumour for Friday right? Then someone predict them for Sunday.

Without any information, I predicted PSB for WH on Sunday. Taylor/Royal Blood/PSB would be a very nice set of headliners to close the festival.

Edited by AlexOvd

RB played third Pyramid last time and that was the week their second album came out. If we assume they’ll have new material out by the time GF rolls around then they should move up a notch or two.

Sunday Other headliner seems to make the most sense, but I wouldn’t rule out subbing Taylor.