Other Stage 2020

Matt42

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Capaldi, Biffy, Elbow.  Loads of people about. 

If all is true I think Biffy Clyro for Friday Other headliner is fitting more likely, don't see the point in returning as a sub so quick.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've had word that Capaldi isn't playing. I can't guarantee that's correct but the source is usually spot on.

I guess that means he's on the cards to headline next year.

I bet he is playing but it's a secret guest, I can see sub next year but not headline. Given where he is playing at Reading he wouldn't have been higher than 3rd at Glastonbury and even IOW haven't given him an outright Friday headline slot which is a bit of a weaker day of recent....can't remember when when an IOW headliner played Reading but that might just be me. 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

as I said, the word i've had is he's not playing.

That's fair, I think info is too lose these days when it actually comes to it that taking all as a pinch of salt until the point is best way. Even sometimes the most reliable have had it wrong....be is not someone I'd make a big effort to see either way mind. I think his name is all over the Pyramid sub slot next year, at a big push Friday headliner as I do think he's may be more likely to grab the slot before Ezra.

There’s absolutely no reason for Capaldi to do a secret slot playing the same songs that he did in 2 sets last year.

The only reason he was going to be there this year and bumped up to the Pyramid was to capitalise on his recent success. 

Edited by sisco

Wise move from both parties if the Capaldi info is accurate. Another album under his belt and on current trajectory he could headline on the next album tour. I think too many acts play the festival too often - sometimes staying away can be the best move.

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Wise move from both parties if the Capaldi info is accurate. Another album under his belt and on current trajectory he could headline on the next album tour. I think too many acts play the festival too often - sometimes staying away can be the best move.

I dunno if I would be taking his 'current trajectory' to the bank. Could just as easily fizzle out before he even gets round to recording album number two.