Other Stage 2020

Matt42

1 minute ago, Zacko said:

Amazing for Dua if she is headlining the OS (she's for sure a future Pyramid headliner), but selfishly gutted that she's not subbing! 

Yep feeling the same. Gutted that in a day it seems like info confirms clashes with Charli and Dua Lipa, but good slots for both of them and great bookings. 

4 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Amazing for Dua if she is headlining the OS (she's for sure a future Pyramid headliner), but selfishly gutted that she's not subbing! 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yep feeling the same. Gutted that in a day it seems like info confirms clashes with Charli and Dua Lipa, but good slots for both of them and great bookings. 

I remember finding it strange that Stormzy didn’t play the pyramid until the year he headlined. In 2017 he easily could have taken a pretty massive pyramid slot, but he was placed on the other stage.

Maybe they have indeed got their eyes on Dua headlining in the future, and it would be good to hold off her pyramid debut until the time.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think this info that Calvin isn’t performing as Calvin Harris could be right. I heard he was playing Pangea but nothing as to whether it meant he was only doing one set.

Yeah he said in a interview with Annie mac a few weeks back all of his shows won’t be under Calvin Harris ( didn’t even realise it wasn’t even his real name, it was just a stage name) his new project is called Love Regenerator and he would be doing shows under that name 

4 minutes ago, Spencer23 said:

Yeah he said in a interview with Annie mac a few weeks back all of his shows won’t be under Calvin Harris ( didn’t even realise it wasn’t even his real name, it was just a stage name) his new project is called Love Regenerator and he would be doing shows under that name 

He’s billed at Coachella as Calvin Harris though?

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They may not get played much on Radio 1 these days, but the Pet Shop Boys were very much a bona fide Radio 1 / Smash Hits - style pop band.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Not when they headlined though - I think that’s what Matt’s getting at.

Bingo. Acts that are getting heavy radio 1 rotation and chart success at the time of playing. Rudimental kinda fit into that category but I feel like they can be seen as a similar sort of booking as Chase and Status.

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Christine & The Queens was the closest thing I could get to Dua Lipa in my mind when I thought about the same thing yesterday.

Rudimental and Major Lazer are more in line with The Prodigy in terms of bombast and multiple blokes on stage. Jake Bugg, well, he’s just a bad troubadour and Glasto has had plenty of that. Pet Shop Boys are more of a heritage booking a la New Order, poppy as they are.

But C&TQ is contemporary, theatrical, uplifting pop with flair. They might not sound alike but the nearest analogue to Dua Lipa imo in terms of recent Big Pop on the Other, alongside the Lorde sub in 2017.

Although Christine was seemingly bumped up to headliner when the much more traditional OS headliner The Prodigy unfortunately had to pull out.

Although none of this should really matter as Emily has made a point of this years OS headliners being different than previous years so sticking an act like Dua on there fits the bill, and if she brings the full production then it’ll be a great set to end the night.

Still hoping the info is wrong and she’s on the Pyramid though. Was really looking forward to seeing her.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although Christine was seemingly bumped up to headliner when the much more traditional OS headliner The Prodigy unfortunately had to pull out.

Although none of this should really matter as Emily has made a point of this years OS headliners being different than previous years so sticking an act like Dua on there fits the bill, and if she brings the full production then it’ll be a great set to end the night.

Still hoping the info is wrong and she’s on the Pyramid though. Was really looking forward to seeing her.

When did Emily say that?