Other Stage 2020

Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Why wouldn’t they clash Dua and charli?

I think this year there will be some head scratching clashes as it’s clearly difficult to get everyone who can play on the lineup.

Because I think they’ll have a huge crossover.

for me:

Kendrick, Dua and Editors headlining 3 of the stages separates the crowd nicely

Macca, Charlie and Calvin the same

But all personal opinion hey. 

Just now, sisco said:

Because I think they’ll have a huge crossover.

for me:

Kendrick, Dua and Editors headlining 3 of the stages separates the crowd nicely

Macca, Charlie and Calvin the same

But all personal opinion hey. 

I think this info that Calvin isn’t performing as Calvin Harris could be right. I heard he was playing Pangea but nothing as to whether it meant he was only doing one set.

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Dont they just post lots about it and get some right?  .... im sure thats what ive seen mentioned before on here 

Yep. Including getting things very wrong and then standing by it even as things unfold and it can't possibly be true.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I never even bothered clicking the link at first as based on that url I assumed this was the next step from you linking to Little James. 

People not interested in the latest Courteeners and Fratellis jams have no idea what you mean right now. :D

3 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Not from my experience. 

It's not solid.

They had Foo Fighters down to headline 2016 for ages, saying that it would be Foos, Muse and Coldplay. Then they had Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar down to headline 2019.

Now it's laid out like that, however, could Dua Lipa be headlining the Other in 2021?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think this info that Calvin isn’t performing as Calvin Harris could be right. I heard he was playing Pangea but nothing as to whether it meant he was only doing one set.

Dua Saturday night... Calvin pops up to pretend he's doing something behind the decks for One Kiss, followed by him on Pangea at midnight.  You heard it here first.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's not solid.

They had Foo Fighters down to headline 2016 for ages, saying that it would be Foos, Muse and Coldplay. Then they had Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar down to headline 2019.

Now it's laid out like that, however, could Dua Lipa be headlining the Other in 2021?

Well, Macca was down to headline 2019...  And I imagine the negotiations with Kendrick have been going on for years and there was almost certainly at least an attempt to get him last year too, as the festival don't just try to get 3 headliners and having to resort to The Killers implies that more than just Macca didn't come off.  Similarly, Foos were in tentative negotiations long before they actually appeared, similar to the current situation with FM.  So The Scum don't have faultless information, but they're clearly getting stuff that is coming from good sources even if it doesn't always come off.  Compared with others, I'd say their record of revealing things to do with Glastonbury is pretty great.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

FWIW Foo Fighters did have a tentative agreement at first to come back after cancelling, I reckon Muse were a replacement booking when Foos plans were made clear. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So FKA Twigs on WH?

Yes I reckon so.

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift

Other: Royal Blood, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys

West Holts: Thom Yorke, FKA TWIGS, The Isley Brothers

John Peel: Editors, Charli XCX, Orbital

Is my guess for stage headliners. At least one female on each stage looks great for the 50/50 objectives.

18 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Well, Macca was down to headline 2019...  And I imagine the negotiations with Kendrick have been going on for years and there was almost certainly at least an attempt to get him last year too, as the festival don't just try to get 3 headliners and having to resort to The Killers implies that more than just Macca didn't come off.  Similarly, Foos were in tentative negotiations long before they actually appeared, similar to the current situation with FM.  So The Scum don't have faultless information, but they're clearly getting stuff that is coming from good sources even if it doesn't always come off.  Compared with others, I'd say their record of revealing things to do with Glastonbury is pretty great.

They obviously have contacts who know who is on the festival’s wish list for the year and who they are speaking to. Until the contracts are signed, sealed and announced there will always be a pinch of salt required.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yes I reckon so.

Is my guess for stage headliners. At least one female on each stage looks great for the 50/50 objectives.

How sure are people of The Isley Brothers? Is that for the Sunday like?

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yes I reckon so.

Any thoughts on The Park?  Always hard to predict

6 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I know they're not everyones favourite band on here but do you think Catfish & The Bottlemen could sub Other this year like Courteeners and Two Door did this year? they've got a gap in their dates, could be an alternative for Lana Del Rey on the Friday

I’d be surprised if they’re not there.  Could even do 3rd on Pyramid. 

6 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I know they're not everyones favourite band on here but do you think Catfish & The Bottlemen could sub Other this year like Courteeners and Two Door did this year? they've got a gap in their dates, could be an alternative for Lana Del Rey on the Friday

I don’t see why not. They’re not my cup of tea but seems about their level.

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

??? Surely it helps them reach a more balanced lineup in total if there are female bookings spread throughout each stage.

There was a clip on the Saturday afternoon bbc show where they talked about the gender balance, and one of the things discussed was the lack of female headliners which is the biggest challenge. 

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They obviously have contacts who know who is on the festival’s wish list for the year and who they are speaking to. Until the contracts are signed, sealed and announced there will always be a pinch of salt required.

Of course.  But i'd say that's the case with any outlet.