Other Stage 2020

Matt42

On 2/28/2020 at 8:40 AM, ModBoy said:

Feel like I may get some stick for bringing them up again but were 21P ever ruled out? They headline most festivals they play so can see why Emily would say they are pyramid level, and they have a date in Ireland the week of the festival which I know of

Twenty One Pilots/Calvin Harris/Biffy

Would definitely qualify 'Pyramid headliner' acts. One big enough to headline Reading etc but just the wrong genre fit for the festival, probably the biggest commercial DJ in the UK and a rock band who almost made it to Pyramid headline status but has had a long standing successful career regardless.

3 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Source? 

It was half way down an article written by the sun, which i know isnt all that trustworthy, but they said it was part of Emily's continuing plans for a better gender split. Sziget is having her headline this year amongst other pre pyramid level headliners so that ticks that box for emily saying other other stage headliners would be massive. 

4 minutes ago, Isaac LK said:

It was half way down an article written by the sun, which i know isnt all that trustworthy, but they said it was part of Emily's continuing plans for a better gender split. Sziget is having her headline this year amongst other pre pyramid level headliners so that ticks that box for emily saying other other stage headliners would be massive. 

Oops 

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Isaac LK said:

DUA Lipa is to headline The Other Stage at ­Glastonbury this year, I can reveal.

My sources say Dua, who releases her second album Future Nostalgia in April, has just been signed for the Worthy Farm gig.

Dua Lipa is set to headline The Other Stage at ­Glastonbury this year
Dua Lipa is set to headline The Other Stage at ­Glastonbury this yearCredit: Getty
And they say the decision to have her top the bill on The Other Stage was made by co-organiser Emily Eavis in a bid to increase the number of female headliners.

One said: “There was definitely an argument to say Dua should have been on the Pyramid Stage, but Emily wanted to have her on board as a headliner.

“She wants male and female artists to be equally prominent on the festival’s bill this year.

“Dua’s fans will be thrilled and she’s looking forward to putting on a show to remember.”

link in spoiler

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

DUA Lipa is to headline The Other Stage at ­Glastonbury this year, I can reveal.

My sources say Dua, who releases her second album Future Nostalgia in April, has just been signed for the Worthy Farm gig.

Dua Lipa is set to headline The Other Stage at ­Glastonbury this yearCredit: Getty
And they say the decision to have her top the bill on The Other Stage was made by co-organiser Emily Eavis in a bid to increase the number of female headliners.

One said: “There was definitely an argument to say Dua should have been on the Pyramid Stage, but Emily wanted to have her on board as a headliner.

“She wants male and female artists to be equally prominent on the festival’s bill this year.

“Dua’s fans will be thrilled and she’s looking forward to putting on a show to remember.”

link in spoiler

That was it

10 minutes ago, Isaac LK said:

The Sun has a frustratingly good track record of getting Glastonbury related stuff right actually...

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

link in spoiler

I never even bothered clicking the link at first as based on that url I assumed this was the next step from you linking to Little James. 

If we've got Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa and Charli XCX headlining stages I guess we might have at least one female headliner for each main stage?

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Surely she’s Friday then? Can’t see her clashing with either Charlie XCX or Taylor Swift.

Why wouldn’t they clash Dua and charli?

I think this year there will be some head scratching clashes as it’s clearly difficult to get everyone who can play on the lineup.