Other Stage 2020

Matt42

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Caveat: doesn't mean he's not booked for Other. I tried to chase it down and got a genuine "don't know"

But I know he is booked for a slot that isn't the Other. Which, you'd imagine, drastically narrow the chances of doing both. Unless he splits it across aliases – could happen. But I'm inclined to say it's unlikely now.

I’d go the other way and say it makes him more likely. Pretty sure other OS headliners have done Arcadia sets later that same night and it’d be weird for him to be there just for an overcrowded Pangea set rather than a proper go at it on Other. Just my two cents - I think his Pangea set would probably be under another alias, or even an unannounced special guest kind of thing. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d go the other way and say it makes him more likely. Pretty sure other OS headliners have done Arcadia sets later that same night and it’d be weird for him to be there just for an overcrowded Pangea set rather than a proper go at it on Other. Just my two cents - I think his Pangea set would probably be under another alias, or even an unannounced special guest kind of thing. 

This.

Sounds to me like he’s doing a big headline show on the Other then a separate DJ set later.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

@Ddiamondd over in the Electronic thread claiming Calvin Harris is booked but not for the Other Stage.

Interesting - really can’t picture where else he’d go, and that also takes us back to the drawing board for who’s gonna go up against Macca.

edit: Calvin‘s on Arcadia/Pangea

double edit: actually he might still be doing an Other set.

Sticking my head above the parapet. I’ve heard the exact same information. Came to the forum to post it to see that I was beaten to it. He will be billed either as a special guest or as love revolution.

Starting to think me and Ddiamondd might know the same people.

Edited by Matt42

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sticking my head above the parapet. I’ve heard the exact same information. Came to the forum to post it to see that I was beaten to it. He will be billed either as a special guest or as love revolution.

Starting to think me and Ddiamondd might know the same people.

How certain are we he'd be up against Macca? I'd love to see him but Macca is my only confirmed watch!

Edited by drunk pumpkin

With Calvin apparently out for Other stage headliner, who are the ones that are candidates now?

I think about Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood (ruled out?), Foals (for Sunday only), Mumford and Sons, Tyler the Creator (think is big enough to do it at this point) The Strokes, The National, RATM (just a dream for that gap but unrealistic)?

The Prodigy? :D

Edited by AlexOvd

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Mumfords sliding from Pyramid to Other in 7 years seems implausible.

That’s where they’re at. But it’s such a glaring plunge, would they even bother?

In usual circumstances, yes.  But as friends of the Festival, it surely wouldn't be out of the question for the 50th - especially given Emily's comments about the size of the Other Stage headliners.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

That’s where they’re at. But it’s such a glaring plunge, would they even bother?

They didn’t get close to selling out APE last year, cheap tickets all over the shop.

Admittedly they did also play an arena tour last year, but I’m not sure how that sold.

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

If they're ready, and have managed to get a Keith-free live show together, they'd be perfect.  No signs they have due to lack of any other activity, but it's entirely plausible Liam is working on something just for Glastonbury as a tribute to Keith.  Would absolutely love to see something along these lines with guest vocalists... John Lydon doing Firestarter would be mind blowing.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Depends how they look at it.

Other acts have moved down the line-up further and faster than that in the past, albeit it's been a while since a Pyramid Headliner has done so.

At the end of the day, any line-up is relative. I don't think it's a huge disgrace to be on the second stage against a huge megastar like Paul McCartney or Taylor Swift.

10 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

With Calvin apparently out for Other stage headliner, who are the ones that are candidates now?

I think about Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood (ruled out?), Foals (for Sunday only), Mumford and Sons, Tyler the Creator (think is big enough to do it at this point) The Strokes, The National, RATM (just a dream for that gap but unrealistic)?

Calvin and Royal Blood ruled out (maybe)? Can someone please update me on these developments? 

Lad I know who told me about Royal Blood playing This Is Tomorrow is still certain of them playing Glastonbury, when I pushed him he did say he believed it was heading the other. That was a few weeks ago though so they could easily have moved them down etc if they needed to move it around. 

7 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Calvin and Royal Blood ruled out (maybe)? Can someone please update me on these developments? 

Not sure about Royal Blood, but the news on Calvin is that he's doing Arcadia. Some posters thought that ruled him out of the Other, but consensus since is it actually makes him more likely and it'll be a full set on the Other and a dj set on the crane.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Not sure about Royal Blood, but the news on Calvin is that he's doing Arcadia. Some posters thought that ruled him out of the Other, but consensus since is it actually makes him more likely and it'll be a full set on the Other and a dj set on the crane.

Hmmmm I think now he's on Arcadia that might change things. If he was doing a second set somewhere smaller it would make sense, but having an act on Arcadia and Other? 

Fully prepared to be hit with a bunch of times where this has happened, but it seems like overkill to me