Other Stage 2020

Matt42

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I've seen all of them, I work in an art gallery that shows art films and Oscar films :)

But.. But.. 

15 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I haven't seen 1917 but I feel personally that I've seen enough war films, its on the list. I think Parasite deserved it. 

Any talk of Catfish and the Bottlemen around here?

Saw a BBC interview/mini-documentary on them the other month and they were hyping them up seemingly for something big, my thought was a reading sub/co-headline (if LG is enough to headline then they ought to be too), but given that's fallen through it could be for a big feature here?

One of the best live acts around at the moment and haven't played the festival since 2016...?

20190504_212436.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, George1399 said:

One of the best live acts around at the moment and haven't played the festival since 2016...?

There's been some talk. Not highly rated as a band on here so it was kinda a one and done of 'they'll probably be there' and thats where the conversation ended.

Would be surprised to see a sub set on The Other Stage/Third on Friday Pyramid. 

6 minutes ago, George1399 said:

Saw a BBC interview/mini-documentary on them the other month and they were hyping them up seemingly for something big, my thought was a reading sub/co-headline (if LG is enough to headline then they ought to be too), but given that's fallen through it could be for a big feature here?

20190504_212436.jpg

Catfish haven’t played a major festival in years. I think they don’t like playing below headline and neither glasto, Reading etc will offer it to them. 

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Aha, true! Sorry, we're showing it on Friday so I'll be seeing it then, but from what I've heard and know about it, eh. I guess I'm being a tad hypocritical :)

Haha no worries, my initial comment was only poking a little fun. But then you left yourself wide open for that... 

FWIW I saw 1917 last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately haven't seen enough of the others to comment on an overall winner. 

• Like 1

Just now, zeppelin said:

Haha no worries, my initial comment was only poking a little fun. But then you left yourself wide open for that... 

FWIW I saw 1917 last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately haven't seen enough of the others to comment on an overall winner. 

I watched Marriage Story the other night, I think its a really underrated drama piece when in talks for the Best Pic' nom. My list currently goes Parasite > Joker > Marriage Story > Hollywood  > Little Woman in terms of the ones I really enjoyed. 

14 minutes ago, George1399 said:

20190504_212436.jpg

They certainly weren't 'the best live act at tye moment' when I saw them at first direct arena a couple of months back. 

They come on stage,  play theirr stuff well enough but there was no atmosphere, it was just a bit nothing, kinda like they are just going through the motions. 

It also is like they play the same song over and over for an hour or so (but i guess thats a whole over thing)

• Upvote 1

Parasite is the first actually deserving best picture win in a while. I loved Hollywood but QT is always nominated. Bong Joon Ho has been making masterpieces unnoticed by award voters for years. 

Marriage Story and Little Women were also both brilliant. Joker is over rated.

Sorry back on topic, I have no interesting guesses but am hoping for The National and/or Blink 182, and someone boring against Kendrick. 

Edited by 1986
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, petewilson09 said:

They certainly weren't 'the best live act at tye moment' when I saw them at first direct arena a couple of months back. 

They come on stage,  play theirr stuff well enough but there was no atmosphere, it was just a bit nothing, kinda like they are just going through the motions. 

It also is like they play the same song over and over for an hour or so (but i guess thats a whole over thing)

Officially my first misquote - Congratulations! 

I've not been to first direct but I've seen them at a variety of venues and the atmosphere has always been electric! My guess here is that they aren't a band you particularly enjoy listening to and so didn't resonate with their performance :)

1 hour ago, MikeandSan said:

If you dont think Taylor Swift is headline material you know nothing about music and festivals (I don't enjoy her music for the record).

Yeah exactly. I personally think she's shit, but can't deny she's a global superstar and is very obviously a fitting headliner.