Other Stage 2020

Matt42

I mean no offence, I have some friends that are white men with guitars, but I don’t know how I feel about the festival booking male fronted bands just to achieve a 50/50 split 😕 surely the bookings should be made on merit?

Edited by Matt42

8 hours ago, Isaac LK said:

Hahaha been slated a bit haven't i. Yeah taylor is popular but her music isn't good and the fact festivals are making an effort to make the gender split more 50:50 has definitely influenced her as a booking. Calvin harris is not pyramid material either. He is by far not as big as taylor and as an edm/techno artist, comparable to chems, far more mainstream. The chemical brothers have a special thing with glasto that ch just doesnt have and as far as im aware chems are the only people of their genre to headline the p because of that connection. 

There is absolutely nothing  'techno' about Calvin Harris in anyway what so ever, he makes pop records.

11 hours ago, Isaac LK said:

Hahaha been slated a bit haven't i. Yeah taylor is popular but her music isn't good and the fact festivals are making an effort to make the gender split more 50:50 has definitely influenced her as a booking. Calvin harris is not pyramid material either. He is by far not as big as taylor and as an edm/techno artist, comparable to chems, far more mainstream. The chemical brothers have a special thing with glasto that ch just doesnt have and as far as im aware chems are the only people of their genre to headline the p because of that connection. 

Mate what are you even talking about?

I'm really excited for the post Glastonbury 50 world where Taylor has smashed it, is universally regarded as putting on one of the greatest headline sets of all time and we don't have to keep hearing this nonsense about how she's not a worthy headliner.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

It’s actually really sad how some have been programmed to see a woman booked on a lineup and immediately think it’s to fill a quota. Really sad.

Its the exact same people who don't think Parasite should of won at the Oscars despite not seeing it nor most of the other films that were nominated. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Its the exact same people who don't think Parasite should of won at the Oscars despite not seeing it nor most of the other films that were nominated. 

I saw it the other night. Great film. I think Once Upon a Time was my favourite of Parasite, 1917, Hollywood though. Not sure if it’s a popular or unpopular opinion.

1917 was good but I just felt like I’d seen it before. Parasite and Hollywood felt like their own films.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I saw it the other night. Great film. I think Once Upon a Time was my favourite of Parasite, 1917, Hollywood though. Not sure if it’s a popular or unpopular opinion.

1917 was good but I just felt like I’d seen it before. Parasite and Hollywood felt like their own films.

My favourite thing is that people don't really care about the Oscars unless they're angry about them. The amount of people that went 'well I haven't heard of it so it can't be that good' was insane. 

I haven't seen 1917 but I feel personally that I've seen enough war films, its on the list. I think Parasite deserved it. 

Just now, Fish Bulb said:

I've seen Parasite, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Joker and The Irishman off the list. For me the order would go:

Parasite > Uncut Gems* > Joker > The Irishman > Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

*can't believe this was overlooked 

Not seen Parasite but want to.

Turned Uncut Gems off after half an hour, was just a barrage of people shouting at each other with a distractingly loud synth soundtrack in the background.

I thought OUATIH was a bloated, self indulgent mess too.