Other Stage 2020

Matt42

Just now, Doug85 said:

I'd heard a rumour a few weeks ago that Royal Blood were on the Other Stage Friday night, the same guy said that they would be the Friday headliner at This Is Tomorrow which was just announced this morning. 

Well there you go then. 

Emily definitely overhyping the level of the Other headliners a bit then (except Calvin if he’s there) but those three would do me nicely as I have absolutely zero desire in seeing any of them. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Well there you go then. 

Emily definitely overhyping the level of the Other headliners a bit then (except Calvin if he’s there) but those three would do me nicely as I have absolutely zero desire in seeing any of them. 

Not really. Said this in another thread. Maybe I am overestimating the size of royal blood but I feel like they are on their way to being a UK festival headliner.

Calvin Harris is naff but he’s pretty much a household name. 

Pet Shop Boys, while their major festival headlining days are over they are still... a household name.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not really. Said this in another thread. Maybe I am overestimating the size of royal blood but I feel like they are on their way to being a UK festival headliner.

Calvin Harris is naff but he’s pretty much a household name. 

Pet Shop Boys, while their major festival headlining days are over they are still... a household name.

Personally thought Royal Blood’s stock had gone down some now that their initial hype is over and people have kind of moved on. Maybe they’ll pull it back with album 3, but imo they’ve plateaued and won’t be headlining major festivals any time soon.  

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Personally thought Royal Blood’s stock had gone down some now that their initial hype is over and people have kind of moved on. Maybe they’ll pull it back with album 3, but imo they’ve plateaued and won’t be headlining major festivals any time soon.  

Certainly think they need to move their sound on a little with the next album.

Royal Blood/Calvin/PSB is strong and also seems realistic considering everything we've got. Would need a fairly strong indie/guitar band in the JP to move some people around though. 

Personally I think PSB/Taylor would share more fans than any of the others, but they'd be a great closing act.