Other Stage 2020

Matt42

21 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They won't be playing big weekend if they're playing an outdoor show an hour away 4 days later 

Erm not sure. Big weekend can usually rope in acts doing other shows because you can’t really buy tickets to big weekend. If Calvin wants to do it he will be there.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Erm not sure. Big weekend can usually rope in acts doing other shows because you can’t really buy tickets to big weekend. If Calvin wants to do it he will be there.

I agree Calvin Harris will be there, but don't think The Killers will be which was what i was on about. Too much was made of the obscurity of them picking to play Falkirk stadium, there's gigs there every year, its a mid-sized outdoor venue. Perfectly reasonable for that to be their only Scottish show

3 hours ago, jj200 said:

Maybe he's headlining big weekend along with the killers

Big Weekend doesn’t figure in any of this. It’s not a real festival. ‘Exclusives’ play it all the time.

6 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Peggy Gou did her own Finsbury Park show last year so I’d say Calvin definitely could.

Not a 40k cap show, surely?

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I agree Calvin Harris will be there, but don't think The Killers will be which was what i was on about. Too much was made of the obscurity of them picking to play Falkirk stadium, there's gigs there every year, its a mid-sized outdoor venue. Perfectly reasonable for that to be their only Scottish show

Yeah okay I understand.

I think Big Weekend is hard to predict because of this very reason dental explained brilliantly.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Big Weekend doesn’t figure in any of this. It’s not a real festival. ‘Exclusives’ play it all the time.

For some reason it’s exempt from exclusivity contracts and the reason why is probably because the average joe can’t buy tickets and go. A contractual loophole.

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not a 40k cap show, surely?

Haha not yet. Peggy Gou the brand will play her music to anyone that wants to hear it apparently and doesn’t give a fuck. Even if it means playing for Saudi Arabia. That’s crossing a line for me. Fuck her.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Haha not yet. Peggy Gou the brand will play her music to anyone that wants to hear it apparently and doesn’t give a fuck. Even if it means playing for Saudi Arabia. That’s crossing a line for me. Fuck her.

I started off being interested in her but she's already gone way too far in terms of marketing and brand pushing and it's really unattractive.  She really does believe her own hype.  Way too far up her own trumpet for me.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, chazwwe said:

The quote is literally  ' we've  got kind of pyramid level headliners for the other stage this year' which is why people started speculating the 1975. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-says-that-glastonburys-other-stage-will-feature-pyramid-level-headliners-next-year-2563232%3famp

All is it is acts that play venues etc that could be classed as a headliners but wouldn't do so at Glastonbury....that's about as much as it's worth looking into it

9 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

The thought of the crowd at a Peggy Gou show in London makes me feel a bit sick. That’s coming from someone who stays here also. 

That Saudi festival was an interesting one, some other big names played that I really wouldn’t have expected - Kerri Chandler, Danny Tenaglia, Cassy and a few others. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

The thought of the crowd at a Peggy Gou show in London makes me feel a bit sick. That’s coming from someone who stays here also. 

That Saudi festival was an interesting one, some other big names played that I really wouldn’t have expected - Kerri Chandler, Danny Tenaglia, Cassy and a few others. 

Kerri Chandler did? Didn’t see that! With Peace, Love, Admiration and blood money. 

11 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Still think PSB/Calvin Harris/Foals is where the smartest money remains but The Strokes have jumped ahead of the majority of the rest as most likely outsider.

Yep. I wouldn't mind that trio (Calvin Harris it's a huge meh though but if it's clashing with Macca it's one problem less) but if the alternatives are The Strokes, The National or Massive Attack I wouldn't be bothered for any swap.